WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the look of some analog G shocks but, since I'm a heavy stopwatch user and dislike the smaller readouts most Gs use for the SW, I don't own any. Do any G shocks show the stopwatch on the main dial when it's activated?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
615 Posts
The GW9400 has a one-button start. When you are in the home time screen you hit one of the buttons and it automatically starts. I don't know if that helps.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I like the look of some analog G shocks but, since I'm a heavy stopwatch user and dislike the smaller readouts most Gs use for the SW, I don't own any. Do any G shocks show the stopwatch on the main dial when it's activated?

Do you mean for an analog display?

·
Registered
577 Posts
The GWA-1100 Gravitymaster models use the main dial for stopwatch function. (and possibly the GWA-1000 as well but not positive on that)

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
any ana-digi with a single main digital part will always show stopwatch there.
so gulfmaster, mudmaster...

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The anidigital models put the stopwatch on the digital which gets occluded by the hands

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes. I'd like the time to go to a sundial and the stopwatch to occupy the big/main dial. Does the GWA-1100 Gravitymaster do that?

AFAIK, the MR-G series are the only models with a classic chronograph sub-dial function. Rob shows it in this video at around 5:00:

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AFAIK, the MR-G series are the only models with a classic chronograph sub-dial function. Rob shows it in this video at around 5:00:
I don't like the stopwatch on the little subdial on Gs. I find them too tiny. This, my initial question. That gw-a1100 seems close to what I'm after.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
ah i see what u want...
so u would need to find one that has a subdial with 2nd time zone... set that to the same as home time.
so ya, looks like the aviator / gravity defier range would work...
my old gw4000 did that... so the main hands became stopwatch.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ah i see what u want...
so u would need to find one that has a subdial with 2nd time zone... set that to the same as home time.
so ya, looks like the aviator / gravity defier range would work...
my old gw4000 did that... so the main hands became stopwatch.
Which aviator/gravity models? I know many analogs with a subdial use the subdial for the stopwatch.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Yes GWA-1100 stopwatch and timer are leveraging main dial hands, coz its sub-dial is pretty much useless and mainly as indicators. But because of that, we cannot see the time while using stopwatch.

Font Parallel Number Circle Document

Yes. I'd like the time to go to a subdial and the stopwatch to occupy the big/main dial. Does the GWA-1100 Gravitymaster do that?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes GWA-1100 stopwatch and timer are leveraging main dial hands, coz its sub-dial is pretty much useless and mainly as indicators. But because of that, we cannot see the time while using stopwatch.

View attachment 16153700
How hard is it to toggle between time and stopwatch while the stopwatch is running?

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
I owned this model a few years back but never used stopwatch a lot. I’d imagine a few presses on the mode button to go back to time mode? Not sure if stopwatch would run in the background. You may check the Casio operation guide for module 5311.

How hard is it to toggle between time and stopwatch while the stopwatch is running?

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I do wish analog/digital modules moved the chronograph and countdown timer functions to the handset when running.

I have a ProTrek PRW-50 and that would be very cool if the hour and minute hand zeroed at 12:00 and counted off from there, with time display in the digital portion. Or if the CDT moved backwards.

Doesn’t the analog Frogman do something similar in CDT mode?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I do wish analog/digital modules moved the chronograph and countdown timer functions to the handset when running.

I have a ProTrek PRW-50 and that would be very cool if the hour and minute hand zeroed at 12:00 and counted off from there, with time display in the digital portion. Or if the CDT moved backwards.

Doesn’t the analog Frogman do something similar in CDT mode?
I believe so, but not for stopwatch.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I have longevity concerns about stopwatch operation which using a dial that races around at light speed in order to display 1/20 sec.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How's the size of the gw-a1100 compare to the gwg-1000? Also, when would a gw-a1100 have been made of its date code is 002A3530? January 2, 2021?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts