WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have longevity concerns about stopwatch operation which using a dial that races around at light speed in order to display 1/20 sec.
According to the manual, the gw-a1100 only displays this for the first 30 seconds of a timing.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,870 Posts
It might be confusing to show too much the info on a small LCD screen, so I think we don't have many watches that do so.

Even with my smartwatch, there is no way I can put the chrono or timer on the main screen. The chrono and timer does shows the current time, but not vice-versa.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Also, does anyone know of the stopwatch can be started before the hands fully go to 12?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
How's the size of the gw-a1100 compare to the gwg-1000? Also, when would a gw-a1100 have been made of its date code is 002A3530? January 2, 2021?

that's a weird serial.. but anyway its definitely not 2021 as the gwa1100 has been discontinued for about 3-4yrs now.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
that's a weird serial.. but anyway its definitely not 2021 as the gwa1100 has been discontinued for about 3-4yrs now.
Thanks... Unless someone contradicts you, I'll be passing on this one.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks... Unless someone contradicts you, I'll be passing on this one.

I think I'll double check that the code doesn't end on G instead of O

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Here bruh ... problem solved. You're welcome.

$7.99 solutions are rare as hen's teeth.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the same boat as the OP. I have this (my vid, just now):
and I absolutely love it for two reasons:
  • When I use the stopwatch, I don't really care about the time (still can go to it while it continues running though)
  • When I use countdown, I see how much time is left at a glance. It's like a progress bar or sand watch in that regard.
I've bought EQB-1100 and I've discovered that the stopwatch runs on some small watchface in the corner... why?

I often use stopwatch for cooking. Not for eggs, but for steaks and such, where I flip at a two minute mark and either start another lap or reset counter and such... I cannot see it on some small face, ideally hidden under a bigger hand. Same goes for the countdown timer (which that watch doesn't have), because I use it as a pomodoro timer (and can imagine using it for the "air remaining while diving" timer or similar) Where I again absolutely need to see the countdown at the center stage.

So yeah, I'm looking for some watch that has solar charging, sapphire glass, steel (or titanium) band (preferably gray, dark, black) and has chronograph/countdown on the main face.

PS: I just don't get why the main time doesn't go to the corner and stopwatch doesn't take the center stage... Do people generally care more about their current time when using these functions? What is the logic/use-case here?

EDIT: Just knowing how would this functionality be called would go a long way for me, because right now, I have to find random watch, hopefully find a random video of its functions and then discover that it doesn't do what I want.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Gonzi - The AnaFrog has a diving timer on the main dial (I think the countdown timer, too)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts