WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I don't have that Orient, but I suspect it uses the standard .8mm lug wholes. Seiko fat spring bars (which are 2.5mm thick) are 1.0mm, so they will not fit. There are some places that sell the 2.5mm thick spring bars with .8mm ends. Do a search on the bay for "thick spring bars" and they will come up, but they are fairly expensive as they are not "standard issue" spring bars. Also, if you are just looking for a stronger bar, you can get a 1.78mm thick bar with .8mm ends and they work very well IMHO.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that helps me much!

Which strap can I use with the 1.78? I'm looking for somethin way softer than that orient / seiko stuff...
would they fit the metal bracelet?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Yes that helps me much!

Which strap can I use with the 1.78? I'm looking for somethin way softer than that orient / seiko stuff...
would they fit the metal bracelet?
Most any band will take the 1.78mm spring bars from my experience. On the other hand, the Seiko Fat Bars will not fit most band other than Seiko specific ones. If you try and use the Seiko Fat Bars on an aftermarket leather, rubber/silicon or metal strap, it will likely not fit the band. Unless you have some reason against it, you can always re-use the spring bars out the watch when you get it. I do know that some people prefer the beefier bars for various reasons. They should work on a vast majority of the bands out there.

FYI, the most common spring bar that I have seen is a 1.5mm. When they get smaller than that they are usually referred to as "thin". The Orients I have are all 1.5mm spring bars.

Yes it is, sry I'm from Germany ;)
No worries :). I was born in Germany. The Mako (Deep) that I have uses 1.5mm with .8mm ends. I have the 1.78mm with .8mm ends in it now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts