WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
The replacement had the issue, too? That's totally not acceptable in my book. Omega claims they know the cause of the issue. This means that either this watch was sent out irresponsibly without the necessary update, or they don't have the cause fully determined.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
If the replacement was sent by Omega, I agree. But if it was just the AD giving a replacement from on hand stock rather than forcing @tooch to wait for a repair, then I think it's not very surprising that the replacement was not yet one of the examples with the updated bushings already installed.

·
Registered
905 Posts
If the replacement was sent by Omega, I agree. But if it was just the AD giving a replacement from on hand stock rather than forcing @tooch to wait for a repair, then I think it's not very surprising that the replacement was not yet one of the examples with the updated bushings already installed.
Yes, that seems to be what happened. Went back to find his previous post because that sounded concerning, but he said he encountered the issue on his original watch after only one week and had it replaced.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes, that seems to be what happened. Went back to find his previous post because that sounded concerning, but he said he encountered the issue on his original watch after only one week and had it replaced.
Yep, it was replaced with a new watch from the AD. This happened months ago though so it’s highly unlikely that there were any ‘revised bushing’ models in circulation at the AD’s yet. I was kind of expecting this would happen again at some point.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
@Archer,

Al,

When Omega or any other manufacturer issues a service bulletin or similar notification of required movement changes/upgrades, do they ever issue a known failure rate?

Only by reading anecdotal accounts regarding the 3861 here and on the Omega Forum, it seems like the movement just predictably presents the problem on a regular basis. 10%? More?

I don’t own the movement; I’m just curious.

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
@Archer,

Al,

When Omega or any other manufacturer issues a service bulletin or similar notification of required movement changes/upgrades, do they ever issue a known failure rate?

Only by reading anecdotal accounts regarding the 3861 here and on the Omega Forum, it seems like the movement just predictably presents the problem on a regular basis. 10%? More?

I don’t own the movement; I’m just curious.
Good question. Generally speaking when these service announcements happen, they are in the middle of whatever problem is presenting itself, so at that point I don't think Omega even has solid numbers. So in this one for example, this was what was written in the announcement:

"Intermittent stops, unstable rate or low power reserve have been observed on some watches equipped with the caliber 3861."

So this is pretty typical wording, that "some" watches experience it. Back when the DLC barrel issue happened, they said it only affected a "small number" of watches, but they still revised the part and issued the bulletin. On that one, the parts were only to be changed if they displayed the problem, where the 3861 the exchange of the two bushings to the new parts is mandatory.

I've never seen one with any numbers just general statements like these. Note that these are documents for service providers, so the key information is what to do, rather than how often the problem occurs.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Good question. Generally speaking when these service announcements happen, they are in the middle of whatever problem is presenting itself, so at that point I don't think Omega even has solid numbers. So in this one for example, this was what was written in the announcement:

"Intermittent stops, unstable rate or low power reserve have been observed on some watches equipped with the caliber 3861."

So this is pretty typical wording, that "some" watches experience it. Back when the DLC barrel issue happened, they said it only affected a "small number" of watches, but they still revised the part and issued the bulletin. On that one, the parts were only to be changed if they displayed the problem, where the 3861 the exchange of the two bushings to the new parts is mandatory.

I've never seen one with any numbers just general statements like these. Note that these are documents for service providers, so the key information is what to do, rather than how often the problem occurs.
Perhaps “mandatory” = a perceived threshold since as you point out, the actual rate would depend upon accurate consumer feedback (?).

Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone
I am French
My name is Bruno, I am 45 years old.
I have bought last Saturday an OMEGA Speedmaster 2021 with caliber 3861.
This morning I noticed the same problem with the chrono being blocked.
I discovered this forum while looking for information on the net.
I have written to OMEGA to find out what to do.
Hope to get some good help from them.

sorry if my english is not good because i use an automatic translator
Regards
Bruno

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
Hello everyone
I am French
My name is Bruno, I am 45 years old.
I have bought last Saturday an OMEGA Speedmaster 2021 with caliber 3861.
This morning I noticed the same problem with the chrono being blocked.
I discovered this forum while looking for information on the net.
I have written to OMEGA to find out what to do.
Hope to get some good help from them.

sorry if my english is not good because i use an automatic translator
Regards
Bruno
sorry to hear that Mehez
Yes, there is a well known issue
it requires some attention by Omega watchmaker to swap out some parts
I hope Omega/your dealer serve you well
all the best
si

Reactions: Titan II

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finally got my 3861 back today in a sweet new case along with the parts replaced. I’m assuming those two tiny rings in the top of the bag are the bushings? So nice to finally have it back! From the day I shipped it back to the AD to the day it arrived back at my house was 9 weeks and 2 days.

View attachment 16258647

View attachment 16258645

View attachment 16258646
hello Bob. have you had time to perform several tests to verify that the problem has been fixed by the OMEGA service? thank you Bruno

·
Registered
905 Posts
hello Bob. have you had time to perform several tests to verify that the problem has been fixed by the OMEGA service? thank you Bruno
I have been randomly starting the chrono and letting it run for about 10-15 seconds to see if it locks up. Mine would randomly lock up within seconds of starting the chrono before I had it repaired. If it got past that initial startup, it never had any issue. So far no issues since getting it back.

201 - 217 of 217 Posts