WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, are we willing to spend the money on what is the definition of a luxury at the moment??

Do you think rolex will bring out an explorer with a ceramic dial next year???

Cheers and please stay safe

Jimmy

·
Registered
474 Posts
I just did. The market conditions were too good for me to avoid some speculation. If you're liquid enough and have some career stability, why not? May as well cross off a bucket list item and increase net worth simultaneously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
If you are trying to get to 100 posts, there are better ways of doing that. Just because ^this^ guy did it, doesn't mean you have to also.

Right now is not a good time to make a big ticket purchase unless you are in the position ^this^ guy is. If you were, you would not be asking us. Just me two cents.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Morning cod, why would I be trying to get a 100 posts??? Seems like a random comment from you. To be fair, looking through the forum you do seem to like to comment on pretty much everything and not be the most constructive. Maybe your trying to get a 1000 posts?

Anyway, iv heard a few times that rolex are going to update the explorer with a ceramic dial. At this point in time I have decided I'm going to get an explorer as it's a watch iv always admired and love how it was made for cave diving. Mine will never be taken into a cave and that's why I am hoping for one with a ceramic dial but I am guessing with the current world situation if there was an update it will be next year now.

·
Registered
551 Posts
If you are trying to get to 100 posts, there are better ways of doing that. Just because ^this^ guy did it, doesn't mean you have to also.

Right now is not a good time to make a big ticket purchase unless you are in the position ^this^ guy is. If you were, you would not be asking us. Just me two cents.
Not sure what you mean, explain please.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I just did. The market conditions were too good for me to avoid some speculation. If you're liquid enough and have some career stability, why not? May as well cross off a bucket list item and increase net worth simultaneously.
How does your net worth increase if you spend XXXXX dollars on a watch worth (presumably) those XXXXX dollars? Besides the prices seem to be falling now, not raising.

If one is buying watches as investments, why post here with picture and not on investment forums?

·
Registered
13,514 Posts
Lock down count started
Another pricing / money thread on a hobbyist discussion group..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not until after @One-Seventy and @R-rated have posted their usual drivel.

IBTL...

^^ tells the truth on Internet forums
SOoO many watches, SOoO little time...

·
Registered
9,044 Posts
Phew, got here just in time. IBTL!

Reactions: Dogbert_is_fat

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
I'm legitimately curious as to what the point of a ceramic dial would be?

You don't mean ceramic bezel, correct?

Regards,
Alysandir

·
Registered
18,417 Posts
I'm legitimately curious as to what the point of a ceramic dial would be?

You don't mean ceramic bezel, correct?

Regards,
Alysandir
That’s exactly what he said. The Explorer doesn’t have a bezel of sorts as it’s a dome steel bezel. So I understood him to mean it’s a ceramic bezel like the current iteration of the Omega Seamaster.

·
Registered
9,044 Posts
Reactions: Marendra
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.