WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Speedy Reduced. It’s my fav watch. I haven’t thot about selling it and updating my Speedmaster until yesterday when I got to try on a FOIS. What a watch. The thing is tho, is it worth spending $2k or so to upgrade?

I know the pros and cons of my Reduced but really don’t know those of the FOIS.

So let me know what you think, is it worth the upgrade?

663B9AC7-A89C-48CD-87BE-B6CC26885BDF.jpeg

·
Registered
Lately: Omega Seamaster Professional Divers 300
3,840 Posts
Do it. Always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: rfortson and City74

·
G-Shock Mod
14,271 Posts
No, I wouldn't do it if the reduced is your fav watch. I don't think its worth $2k (plus your reduced) for a FOIS.

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I wouldn't do it if the reduced is your fav watch. I don't think its worth $2k (plus your reduced) for a FOIS.
That’s sort of the way I’m leaning

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would never do it with my reduced, I love that watch.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Yea love mine too. Idk if more or less or equal to the FOIS tho

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I would, if you like the FOIS better, other wise keep your reduced and save the 2k

Reactions: City74

·
Registered
12,441 Posts
No, only because it is your favourite Watch.

The FOIS is a beauty.

I nearly purchased one but I opted for a Speedy Pro Hesalite.

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, only because it is your favourite Watch.

The FOIS is a beauty.

I nearly purchased one but I opted for a Speedy Pro Hesalite.

It is my fav, but you can always get new favs haha. I need to spend more time with the FOIS honestly to see if it’s what I want to do. Saying that it really will have to impress me to give up my Reduced

·
Registered
536 Posts
Having sold my reduced due to financial reasons, I can surely say I miss it a lot. In your case, I'd list the pros and cons of the actual switch should you pull the trigger on the exchange. For example, do you like the larger size of the FOIS? What about the manual wind? And of course, the style of the dial? Personally, I'd keep the reduced and save myself the 2k. Maybe buy an extra Bulova moonwatch or an AT? :p Cheers!

·
Registered
12,441 Posts
It is my fav, but you can always get new favs haha. I need to spend more time with the FOIS honestly to see if it’s what I want to do. Saying that it really will have to impress me to give up my Reduced
Would you find it a chore to manually wind the FOIS daily or nearly every second day?

Reactions: City74

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would you find it a chore to manually wind the FOIS daily or nearly every second day?
No not at all. I don’t have any handwind watches now but usually they wind down in between wearing them so I pick em up set the date and time when ready to wear. With a handwind I would just pic it up and wind it. No biggie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yes, sell it...either for the FOIS, or for a Professional. I had a reduced as my first Speedy and had it for about a year...ended up selling it for a Professional which has been with me for over 21 yrs now, and never regretted it. The reduced looks almost like a moonwatch, but isn’t (modular movement so the pushers and crown don’t sit on same plane, pushers further apart from crown, early models with numerals around the indices which break up the clean looking dial, no diamond pointed chrono sweep hand, etc). FOIS or Pro would be an upgrade. Keep the reduced, however, and just continue saving for the FOIS, if it’s sentimental to you for any reason.

·
Registered
Lately: Omega Seamaster Professional Divers 300
3,840 Posts
I'm surprised by the amount of love out there for the reduced. I find it a very underwhelming watch. But that's obviously just me.

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, sell it...either for the FOIS, or for a Professional. I had a reduced as my first Speedy and had it for about a year...ended up selling it for a Professional which has been with me for over 21 yrs now, and never regretted it. The reduced looks almost like a moonwatch, but isn’t (modular movement so the pushers and crown don’t sit on same plane, pushers further apart from crown, early models with numerals around the indices which break up the clean looking dial, no diamond pointed chrono sweep hand, etc). FOIS or Pro would be an upgrade. Keep the reduced, however, and just continue saving for the FOIS, if it’s sentimental to you for any reason.
It’s not really about the money, it’s about the watch to me. I love my Reduced although there isn’t any sentimental value to it, besides being my first Speedy. Sure I could keep both but to me I don’t really like having 2 of the same (or even similar) Watches in my collection as I’m downsizing so 1 in and 1 out.

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm surprised by the amount of love out there for the reduced. I find it a very underwhelming watch. But that's obviously just me.

Yea I think it is lol. The Reduced just has this cool vintage feel to it. The small size, the dial and the crystal just blend so well together

·
Registered
713 Posts
It’s not really about the money, it’s about the watch to me. I love my Reduced although there isn’t any sentimental value to it, besides being my first Speedy. Sure I could keep both but to me I don’t really like having 2 of the same (or even similar) Watches in my collection as I’m downsizing so 1 in and 1 out.
Ok, cool then. I thought that maybe money was a concern cause you asked if it’s worth an extra $2k for the FOIS. I’d still buy the FOIS since it has garnered your interest. If you don’t have any sentimental connection to your specific reduced, you can always pick one back up for relatively cheap if you decide you don’t like the FOIS.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The thing I love with the reduced is it's just that tiny bit smaller and thinner than all my other watches and when I wear it I feel almost a relief to have something smaller and lower profile for a change. The FOIS obviously has it's own amazing following and reasons to appreciate it too, but the size is bigger, and if I were going to get one I'd definitely still want the Reduced also just for variety when I want something lighter and smaller.

That said, the reduced is more costly to maintain due to the piggyback movement so that's something to consider also, in the longer term and assuming you would do maintenance on it.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, cool then. I thought that maybe money was a concern cause you asked if it’s worth an extra $2k for the FOIS. I’d still buy the FOIS since it has garnered your interest. If you don’t have any sentimental connection to your specific reduced, you can always pick one back up for relatively cheap if you decide you don’t like the FOIS.
The hardest part of picking one up is that I doubt it’s better then mine. My watch is probably 95% and comes with a full kit, had a full service 3 months ago and still has a warranty lol

1 - 20 of 47 Posts