WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I trade my 500m ETA 2824 Shark Diver for a Glycine GL0088 Combat Sub (with included strapcode bracket) both are in great condition. Glycine is the new logo version.

·
Registered
36,311 Posts
Not unless the Helson is brass.

I own several Helson and no Glycine. Like Helson much more, except the brass ones, I won’t touch. Bronze or stainless are the one to have.

·
Registered
36,311 Posts
Value wise, too? Have you owned Glycine?
No, I have not. Lately, since Invicta bought Glycine, the old models have been discounted heavily and been somewhat tempting but something better always appears, like the Alpina GMT, Bulova GMT chrono, NTH Blue Barracuda, CW bronze with blue dial, the Eterna Kontiki bronze, etc.

Been tempted by the new Helson 300 and the Armida A12. If either has a decent discount sale, may jump. Waiting for Helson to fix the 300 bracelet end links to solid from hollow too. And for Armida to do a blue dial with ETA-2824.

If you like the Glycine better, go for it. I just think the Helson are real nice.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I am more looking for an answer on what's the better watch and if/or I can get a better deal in others opinions.
Hey Collin, its me Adam (the guy trading the Glycine, we made the deal on Reddit on Saturday). as far as whats the better watch? they arent exactly apples to apples, they are close, (both have ETA2824) but ones a pure tool watch from a Japanese Micro brand (Helson), and made by Full Swing manufacturing (they make the watches for Helson, Armida, etc..) . The other is from a rather old Swiss watch company, and regardless of who the parent company is, still operates as Glycine. its more of a dress diver, and much more refined as a whole. to me the Glycine is a much nicer watch, but the Helson is a larger more "tool like" watch. water resistance is a moot point, you will never be at 200M, let alone 500M. so mostly a selling point. both has Sapphire crystals as well. in my eyes, with the strapcode, its a pretty fair trade, I would say that if I was trading the Helson too.
6Xl1QC0 - Imgur.jpg

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
These are pretty evenly matched. I like them both and value wise they are pretty much head to head. I'd say go with what you like best. Can't go wrong with either one. I own two Glycines and both have performed without any issues.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I think everything is cool now, we cleared the air of any concerns over email, and my glycine has shipped out, the Helson should be shipping out today as well.
thanks all!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
UPDATE: Ive been here for years, and have about 100 deals that were 100% perfect between here and Reddit. I dont scam people, and if anyone ever had an issue, id make it right... its the right thing to do..

well i finally got the Helson. unfortunately, its unusable.
the crown will not screw down.. threads are either missing, or stripped.
the crown does not wind the movement at all.. just free spins...
when trying to set the time, the crown slips a lot, and the crown will turn, but the hands will not, then it will catch and the hands will move.

so its not wearable. I contacted Collin and informed him of this, and that he should have told me about the issues.
I said I wanted the trade reversed. he said "it worked fine for him when he had it, and there is nothing he can do"

so much for an "Excellent condition" Helson.

I have video of the issues.

and no, i shouldnt have to pay for it to be repaired, the watch i shipped him was perfect, and he never mentioned any issues with the helson. so im not sure why he would even start this thread. he either has no idea what he's talking about, or has no experience dealing with trading/flipping.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I would be peeved. A good Helson is a great watch. An unusable Helson is not acceptable or fair. When I have sold watches I photo document everything in clouding the watch on a time graph.

I think you should get the trade reversed. Can you talk to any mods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I would be peeved. A good Helson is a great watch. An unusable Helson is not acceptable or fair. When I have sold watches I photo document everything in clouding the watch on a time graph.

I think you should get the trade reversed. Can you talk to any mods?

Yeah I tried to get it reversed. He refuses. Plus the crazy thing is the trade didn’t happen here. Happened on Reddit WatchExchange. HE brought the fight here by asking if he should do the trade AFTER we agreed to the trade. I’m guessing he didn’t realize I have been a long standing member here and that backfired on him.
I’m going to PM the Mods on WatchExchange, and post bad feedback for him there, but I doubt there is much they can do.
I only updated here because he posted it here, and I know and trust you guys.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
I hate trades. They have never gone well for me ... but I have not done many. I guess I would be wary if the trader can't spell the name of the brand of the watch he is putting up for trade :( ....

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Well this is the only trade that I’ve been screwed on. The 1 other trade I had that was reversed was because the other guy was and is a stand up person and member here. And he realized the watch he sent me was damaged and offered to take it back.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts