WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you own the DA47, there's no problem.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Lol key word is "if you own it", I'm patiently waiting for the re-release to re-acquire a DA47. Will probably end up at 1 year after mine was "stolen" for lack of better words. Great watch for sure, highly legible, anti-magnetic, fantastic bezel action, and drilled lugs is a nice little feature.

·
Registered
Helvetia
639 Posts
No, never.
WTF is damasko?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Lol key word is "if you own it", I'm patiently waiting for the re-release to re-acquire a DA47. Will probably end up at 1 year after mine was "stolen" for lack of better words. Great watch for sure, highly legible, anti-magnetic, fantastic bezel action, and drilled lugs is a nice little feature.
Did your wife, girlfriend or family member acquire/steal your DA47? Did someone grab it while you were at the gym? Whatever happened, it sounds pretty tragic, and I’m sorry that happened to you. Watch theft should be punishable by death…

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I have owned something like 300 different watches over the years. I can recall exactly 3 times they were noticed:

1) "That's a nice watch. Is it a Tag?" (It was an Orient Mako)
2) "That's a nice color." (Squale 1521 Blue Ray)
3) "That's a big watch." (Garmin Fenix 5)

Nothing for Damasko, Sinn, Omega, or anything else. Not even my "Sunrise Purple" G-Shock Rangeman.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Did your wife, girlfriend or family member acquire/steal your DA47? Did someone grab it while you were at the gym? Whatever happened, it sounds pretty tragic, and I’m sorry that happened to you. Watch theft should be punishable by death…
None of that, which would be easier to track down. Feel free to scan the first page of the "stolen forum" for a more lengthy back story, last I checked its near the bottom of the first page. Long story short, lost or otherwise stolen in transit when I sent it in for warranty work.

(Culprit I suspect is a certain UPS Store that was not diligent in checking who signed for my package and gave it to someone falsely claiming to be someone from the AD I purchased it from. Again as i suspect from the information i was able to gather from USPS and the AD. UPS store never replied to my "lost package inquiry". That UPS store is lucky I don't live in the New York area or i'd come find their a**)

Ah well an excuse to get the new revision DA4x to experience the new A26 movement i suppose ;)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
None of that, which would be easier to track down. Feel free to scan the first page of the "stolen forum" for a more lengthy back story, last I checked its near the bottom of the first page. Long story short, lost or otherwise stolen in transit when I sent it in for warranty work.

(Culprit I suspect is a certain UPS Store that was not diligent in checking who signed for my package and gave it to someone falsely claiming to be someone from the AD I purchased it from. Again as i suspect from the information i was able to gather from USPS and the AD. UPS store never replied to my "lost package inquiry". That UPS store is lucky I don't live in the New York area or i'd come find their a**)

Ah well an excuse to get the new revision DA4x to experience the new A26 movement i suppose ;)
Ugh. So sorry man. Hopefully kharma is real and whoever is wearing your DA47 will get what's coming to him/her. You'd think the UPS store would have video footage, but I suppose it's also possible someone who works at the store made off with the watch.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ugh. So sorry man. Hopefully kharma is real and whoever is wearing your DA47 will get what's coming to him/her. You'd think the UPS store would have video footage, but I suppose it's also possible someone who works at the store made off with the watch.
I fear I shall never know what ultimately happened. Perhaps one day it'll reappear

21 - 40 of 72 Posts