·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering this.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
I started off leaning that way. After reading some intelligent debate from cal.45 it is no longer important to me. Atomic isn't important because syncing isn't possible here (Hawaii) unless i just want that feature for whatever reason.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My solars get more wrist time. not because I'm worried about the battery but because I happen to like those models more!

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
out of my 15. 3 are solar (2 kings 1 gr7900)

I tend to wear my solars more as well.. cause it bugs me if its not on High charge. Medium bugs me, never had it on low. so on a nice sunny day, i wear one to charge it.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Although I only own/owned three G's (7900, GF-1000 and GWF-1000), I'll only consider the models with solar!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Most of mine are battery. It's mostly that I have a number of older watches. But I find the battery modules tend to be better than the solar counterparts.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I wear my battery powered models and my solar models equally. I have more battery models currently but I also rotate which model I wear daily

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have more battery Gs, because most are older models.

I notice newcomers to the G scene do NOT want to buy a battery however. I expect solars to hold value better going forward.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Riseman and Mudman (Asian market model) are both solar and Atomic....my other 4 are battery. I like the Rise and Mud better so I tend to wear those more often.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Being a vintage collector I have to say about 50/50 as far as what I wear. I have a few of the solar G's and LOVE them. Especially the atomics. I still love my original '80's squares too. Cheers -Ronbo

·
Registered
47 Posts
For me solar or battery is not the main reason on choosing which watch to get or wear. Its more on design & function. Im more on battery for now.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Out of about 12 G Shocks that I have only four are solar powered. I used to prefer solar and atomic but I have found that I like to collect older models like the DW5600C and the DW5300. Since G Shocks are fairly easy to change the batteries on, I prefer the battery powered ones. Though I still like my solar and solar/atomic models.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
271 Posts
Solar is not preferred for me. I don't mind if it is but it's not the deciding factor whether I get a G or not. I have 6 G's now with a 7th on the way. 3 are solar. The others use CR2016 or CR2025 cells. These should last me 5-7 years or more easily. I have 4 more on my "short list" and they are all battery powered - 3 using CR2025 and 1 using CR2016.

·
G-Shock Mod
13,945 Posts
I used to wear solar more, but recently i don't really care (DW5600EG is just too awesome and its not available with solar). :)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
All my Gs have solar/atomic. Another on the way.

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
I think generally speaking, most people (outside of WIS) who wear Gshocks, don't wear solar/atomics. Most of the people in my area who are attracted to Gshocks are junior high and highschool aged kids. And most of them are attracted to the glossy Ghoscks, most of which aren't solar/atomic.

Me though..that's all I buy and wear. Yes, admittedly Solar/Atomic is completely unnecessary and complete overkill. But man, that is the ONE THING I LOVE....I LOVE about Casio and their Gshocks...all the crazy technology they pack into it....Just gotta have it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts