WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

do watch stores discount?

925 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  mleok 
#1 ·
i always thought watch stores offer a reasonable discount like 10-15%. but the last few places i went to said they don't discount at all. am i going to the wrong places? one of the places was Tourneau.

#2 ·
Yes, you're going to the wrong places. Try to avoid Tourneau and single brand boutiques if you're looking for a substantial discount.

#4 ·
What mleok said. Single brand (or single group ie Tourbillion) boutiques and Tourneau tend to be no dicker pay the sticker except in rare instances such as when the latter has a sale on certain items.

#7 ·
The more popular the brand or watch, the less the discount. However, if you have a local AD that you can get to know, they will be buddies and give you better deals usually.

#11 ·
As I mentioned before on another thread, by shopping around, I was able to get a 13% discount on my Patek, 20% discount on my Vacheron, and 25% discount on my JLC, all from established ADs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.