WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you dress to match the watch or match the watch with your clothes.

Sometimes I like to wear a particular watch and I have to dress to match the watch.
How about you?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
No, I buy more watch to match my outfit.

or else what else I can tell the GF? Hey honey but the reverso matches my Bally shoes...I gotta buy it now.

·
Registered
31,421 Posts
Watch first, then the clothes to fit around it.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Occasionally, I'll decide that I really want to wear a particular watch and then I'll pick clothes that go with it - usually the watch is chosen to match the clothes.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
If I have a brown strap watch I try to wear brown colored belt and shoes. So if I want to wear a watch with a black strap I will wear the appropriate shoes and belt. Of course you could always just change the strap to a color that fits what you are wearing!

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Not really. Most of my watches have black dials and metal bracelets which goes well with whatever outfit im wearing.

·
Registered
461 Posts
To be honest, most of the time I put the same watch on, and I'm a fairly jeans and t-shirt centred guy when it comes to clothing. But I guess the watch I wear most does go with that sort of clothing.

·
Registered
496 Posts
The only reason for me to match my watch and attire is to make sure the watch I wear looks appropriate.

For example, I wear a SS bracelet watch or dress watch to business meeting; I wear my G-Shock to swim or cycle; I wear my Seiko 5 when I do not want to draw attention....

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Guilty party here. I've always thought "why not buy a watch that matches everything?" I have. It doesn't work and you end up not wearing that in lieu of something that cries for a particular shirt or coat lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
480 Posts
I was wearing a black t-shirt at the weekend so I wore a watch with black dial, but then realised the t-shirt had a mark on it so I put on a white one. I then had to change the watch to one with a white dial.
I probably wouldn't have bothered, but I was going out so it seemed important at the time.

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
No - other way round, and only really to ensure its not a leather clash.

I was wearing a black t-shirt at the weekend so I wore a watch with black dial, but then realised the t-shirt had a mark on it so I put on a white one. I then had to change the watch to one with a white dial.
I probably wouldn't have bothered, but I was going out so it seemed important at the time.
Haha! That's awesome :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts