WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
My chronomat bezel gets caught on coats, sleeves, and bag straps occasionally and it gets moved ~3 minutes. It annoys me to be off by that little, so I usually move it to the next 15 min interval and just leave it until it gets turned again. But never do it on purpose

·
Premium Member
JLC Reverso Duoface
6,719 Posts
Just for a bit of change I've started turning my bezel to different positions and leave it there for a while.

Changes the look a little. I usually leave it on 15, 30, or 45 when changing.

Anyone else do this?

(My Aquis 40mm on a rubber strap with deployant clasp)

View attachment 16802090
Nope, never turn bezels.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When actually diving...of course!
Just for a bit of change I've started turning my bezel to different positions and leave it there for a while.

Changes the look a little. I usually leave it on 15, 30, or 45 when changing.

Anyone else do this?

(My Aquis 40mm on a rubber strap with deployant clasp)

View attachment 16802090
I use mine for cooking on the grill it makes for an excellent timer! I hate to say this, but I really don't think any of my divers have ever been in the ocean, I stick to my dive computer, lol!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ew, no.

·
Registered
10,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
You should seek professional help.
They have tried Bezel Therapy on me but it didn't work.

Plus, I'm still in Bezel Turning 101. I'm still on the hour, quarter hour, and half hour.

I haven't even morphed to the 1, 2, 3, etc. slots yet.

I did like the 11:59 Seiko guy though. And depending on the QC at the factory I suppose it could also be 12:01...and beyond...

·
Registered
10,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I did this and my dad saw my watch a bit later and thought it was broken lol...but no I would never do that its barbaric
"Barbaric"? A bit extreme don't you think?

Do you have all your remote controls lined up perfectly and Velcroed to the coffee table? 😂

·
Registered
10,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Non-OCD people please post your pics at 11:59 or 12:01 or some other random time to make the OCD people squirm in their seats! Then they will Photoshop it and repost it at 12 o'clock, as it should be...They say.

·
Registered
66 Posts
In July 2019, on-and-off over 8 days, 3 hours, 18 minutes, 35 seconds, I followed along with apolloinrealtime.org as they replayed all the Apollo 11 mission communications to celebrate the 50th anniversary. Eagle landed at 4:17pm ET. I set my bezel to 17. Over the next few weeks, it was a reminder of listening to those communications and the extraordinary goal that the people behind all of those voices worked to achieve. If you've haven't had a chance to hear the recordings, there are many channels of communications including everything from: the various CAPCOMs speaking with Eagle and Columbia; to people in Mission Control calling their wives; to the Mission Control engineers going through shift-change meetings; to the sound of The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson in the background on the USS Hornet channel. If you're into space exploration history, check it out!

61 - 80 of 84 Posts