WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
I've gotten one comment on my old Speedy Pro from a fellow WIS that I work with. Actually I didnt know he was a WIS until that day. I love how watches bring people together. I eventually sold him that Speedy. Its cool to see it on his wrist around the office.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Only my Hamilton gets any compliments. It's a company anniversary gift and not many are worn or seen by most people. It is a eye catcher!

·
Registered
621 Posts
the only comment i've gotten on my SMP is from a fellow omega owner, he's got a gold constellation. everyone else will comment on my swiss army chrono or my bulova.

honestly, it's one of the reasons i went with omega. i know it's a high end, quality timepiece, but it doesn't draw the attention of some of the other brands. i can walk through a mall and stop at every jewelery store and high end retail store and none of them sell omega...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thought more about this thread after making the post about my Speedy encounter.

Now I recall I got a comment about my Hamilton Ventura..."Hey, that's the watch from Men in Black with Will Smith... :-|

Thing is, I had it before that damn movie came out! AAAAAAAAGH.

Wish it was Automatic Vs. Quartz.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nobody has ever commented on any of my watches, except my mate when I wore my Ball Trainmaster recently, when I told him what make it was, he'd never heard of them, I didnt explain, he wouldnt understand.

I think like a previous comment said, most people have a watch for telling the time, nothing more, and why anyone would spend serious money on something that wanders several seconds a day, when their £20 quartz thing changes less than that in a year and stands going swimming too is a mystery to them!

I like it that nobody notices. If they did notice something like say, a Rolex, they would probably just think "Ha, Fake" anyway, and thats not a nice thought, so its good they dont notice, they're my watches, bought for my pleasure, so there!!
Dont know about you chaps, but I find myself walking round looking at peoples watches, trying to see if its anything special, quite scary! Salesman in the car dealership I visited was wearing a Breitling Navitimer this afternoon. Salesman in the watch shop had a Speedmaster Moon.
I just cant help but look at their wrist!

·
Registered
280 Posts
The only person on Earth that has ever complimented my watches is my wife. She doesn't really care, but she loves me and knows it will make me smile. You know your girl is a keeper if she asks you what time it is several times a day just to make you happy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had somebody comment on my MK2 speedy a couple of weeks ago, think that's the first time anybody has ever commented on any of my watches. Was a bit taken a back, haha.

They were wearing a nice Planet Ocean so I guess they were into watches hence the interest.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I'm about to find out.....but years ago I had a cool Ferrari Girard-Perregaux that I bought brand new. I was out in a dive bar out of all places, and believe it or not, some guy came up to me and said "nice timepiece" :geek:

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I have never received a compliment for my Omega, Rolex, JLC, Zenith, Seiko or Anonimo watches. I received a compliment for my Panerai while sitting on a beach and for a Citizen Blue Angels by a checkout girl at a Home Depot.Go figure.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got a compliment on my Speedmaster exactly once! I almost never hear "nice watch" out in the real world, and when I do it is almost always for something inexpensive and fairly pedestrian (in my view).

·
Registered
321 Posts
I get "nice watch" mostly for my Omegas. I think that is because besides Rolex, it is the brand most non-watch people know as a "luxury watch." Maybe Cartier or Patek are other brands well known by the mainstream. I have an IWC that is more expensive than my Omegas and no one has ever commented on it. The only other watches I get compliments on are a $100 Ingersoll because it's rose gold with a blue dial (which I find to be a striking color combo) and my Seiko 5 which I have on different color NATOs. I think it's the NATO that draw people's attention. The compliments on the Omega are usually from men and the cheaper watches from women.

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
My friends all know I’m into watches, so whenever they see a new post on Instagram I will be asked if they can take a look at the latest acquisition. Of all the watches that I’ve shown over the years the NTTD has got the most. The mesh and lightness coupled with the earthy colours garnered lots of compliments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
OMG i didn't realize this thread was from 2009, was looking around for something else and stumbled upon it. Sorry about that ;p
Don't worry about it Furball. The topic is just as relevant today as it was back in 2009.

To answer the question...maybe once in the last 10 years. Maybe.

Rene

Reactions: Furball
41 - 60 of 90 Posts