WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
I texted a mate recently and he noticed this and said "oh an Omega, I'm jealous" apart from that nothing.
It wasn't this pic either

·
Registered
753 Posts
I got one compliment on my white dial, blue bezel Ploprof at a bicycle shop. The cashier said, "Nice watch". I said thank you. Then he said, "what kind of watch is that"? I said, it's an Omeega. :) Then he said, "that's really cool".

Louis

·
Registered
882 Posts
I got one compliment on my white dial, blue bezel Ploprof at a bicycle shop. The cashier said, "Nice watch". I said thank you. Then he said, "what kind of watch is that"? I said, it's an Omeega. :) Then he said, "that's really cool".

Louis
I'd love to share and talk watches but I think I'd feel self-conscious and simply say of my vintage watch that it's called a Seamaster and is designed to keep out water. :)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Funny I never get compliments when I wear my speedy, hamilton or tissot watches. I always end up getting compliments for my supposedly eye catching gray rubberband Cross watch worth about 70$ that I wear on sport occasions like scuba diving.

I have to assume 95% of the population don't know much about watches besides the ones on special price at the local Wal-Mart.
Not at all. Just on my boyish good looks!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I get a few from time to time but I wear them for me not them
back in 09 I got some compliments, but lately as in the last couple of years I get more
had 3 just this week on my early SM300 that is also my daily wear watch

4D4C0124-15F1-4E9C-9FF2-167FF1B87651.jpeg

·
Registered
672 Posts
Practically never. And the Omegas I wear are:
  • The Speedmaster Professional. Arguably the most recognizable watch they produce.
  • The Seamaster 300 Master Coaxial. Which is relatively large and very shiny.
I figure if those don't attract attention you can pretty much wear any Omega under the radar. To be honest I have mixed feelings about it. I prefer my watches not to stand out, and for it to not be noticeable that I am wearing something expensive. That allows me to wear them wherever/ whenever. On the other hand it is nice sometimes to be able to just chat about watches. In the same way you would chat about some other hobby if you see someone who has a nice coffee-machine, boat, whatever. So I will admit that it is nice when someone notices your watch. Not out of vanity or to show off, but because it is an opportunity to talk watches.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Wow just nowsaw this thread...and looking back over the last couple of years I have.

All of them have been with my Omega Seamaster 300M Cermaic 2500D and Current Seamaster

1. When I was getting tailored for my Wedding Suit. Lady recognized it immediately.
2. When I was flying back into the country at LAX a custom's agent saw it and complimented it.
3. The President of the Hospital I work at saw it. He's Swiss French so he was pretty excited to see it. Then he showed me his Patek Phillippe Perputal Calendar....lol. At least he remembered my name right?

·
Registered
502 Posts
1) Once at a yoga retreat, apparently one of the guys spotted my watch while we were all on the ferry together but hadn’t met yet... and then at the first dinner he asked me about my watch and ranted and raved about it the whole dinner to his girlfriend (who was very patient with him, haha). I was wearing the 2220.80 at the time.

2) My PO8900 probably got the most compliments when I had it - usually from friends or acquaintances, but never randomly while out and about.

Apart from that, I did find out today that the owner of the agency I work at bought a DSOTM black on black to celebrate his acquisition of our company! So that led to a fun conversation about watches, which has never been a topic I could talk to my coworkers about since none of them wear watches

·
Registered
9 Posts
not for my Omega (white face Chrono diver 300 white face from back in '98) but plenty ask about my IWC Pilot Chrono. For some reason it get's noticed a LOT! I just get embarrassed and change the subject. I suspect my soon to arrive PO Chrono 9300 will probably get attention too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had only a few people comment on my planet ocean over the year...however, when I take my quartz beater timex on leather strap, people notice it more often and Im get approached by fellow watch lovers, much to my dismay not having my planet ocean. My opinion is people notices the strap to the watch much sooner than the watch itself...but I wear the watch for myself and not others!

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have gotten a few «*GASP! You forgot to take off your watch!» from people near me when diving in with my Electric Blue or my Doxa 750T GMT on my wrist. I then proceed to tell them about dive watches, and that none of them will ever see more than a tenth of their rated depth at most :cool:

On that note, a shot of my EB and a friend’s Tudor in my boat, because why not? ;)

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Yes, only because I live in Korea. The level of brand awareness here is very different from elsewhere. I've never had anyone else notice in any other country.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts