WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People naming their car is fairly common, as well as instruments. Personally I never do that sort of thing, but I find it interesting when people do, since often there is a story behind the name. I don't name my watches, but I refer to them by the brand name. My Seiko 5 is "The Seiko", my second Seiko is just "The Other Seiko" and if I ever get a third I'll probably just call it the third Seiko.

So, have you ever given one of your watches a name?

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,696 Posts
So, have you ever given one of your watches a name?
No, of course not. My GO is still the GlashütteOriginalPanomaticLunarwithbigdateandmoonphaseindicationandaGO90automaticmovement. Simple.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
The only names I use are the ones the manufacturers have used for them.

cheers,
Jake.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I refer to them by the manufacture's or some descriptor (the Swiss Army, the Ball, the Dynamic, the DeVille, the GOLD watch, etc.). No names... that would be like having a fetish.

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Nope. Don't name my cars, computers, lawnmower or snowblower either.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
hm my mako is my mako or deep
and then ive got my junkers, my seiko-small, my seiko-big, my pulsar-quartz and my pulsar-automatik and my old and stinky :-D festina

·
Registered
21,047 Posts
They were already named for me.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I once had a (hoover ) vacume cleaner and i called it " Edgar J "

Reactions: Motorcycle Man

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Yes. They're all named "George Foreman". Each and every one of them.

·
Premium Member
5,023 Posts
I never name things. I don't even like naming pets. The only cool name of an inanimate object IMO is B.B. King's Gibson guitar, "Lucille."
cottontop

Reactions: Motorcycle Man

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I've taken to calling my Amphibia, "Dexter". Anyone in the medical business knows that Dexter is Latin for right and Sinister is Latin for left. On these Vostok Amphibias with scuba divers on the dials, the ones with the date window at three o'clock have the diver swimming to the left, up the wearer's arm, toward his neck. This could be construed as a sinister act. On the Amphibias with the date at six o'clock, the diver swims to the right, toward the wearer's hand. Since fine motor skill is associated with the fingers, and is also known as "dexterity", the diver is performing a Dexterous move. Hence the name. Overanalyzed perhaps, but amusing to me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts