WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read recently that everyone should have a go to quartz watch for when you want to go out quickly and have something accurate. I found that interesting, especially considering the usual resentment for anything quartz from collectors. Curious whether any collectors here have found a place for quartz in their collection?

I've had my G-Shock and a Timex Chronograph for a few years now. They get less wear than my other pieces but they're reliable and look pretty good. I've actually been wondering about getting another, nicer quartz piece one day, such as an Autodromo, Grand Seiko or a Bulova Accutron ii.

What's your go to quartz piece?
IMG_7819.jpg

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
GW-5000 is JDM with DLC screwback, solar charged with atomic accuracy within range of a transmitter.

Titanium, sapphire, atomic and solar.

DS-2 Precidrive HAQ chrono

96B183

·
Registered
1,685 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Not exactly haut horologerie.... but I reckon most WUS fans can see the useful value of having atleast one cheap dead accurate Walmart jewelry counter purchase.

Man can't live on Rolex, IWC and Patek alone.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Yep, a pair of vintage Seiko 6309-7040's. The orange one was a one owner original 7548 that i had literally everything thrown into / onto a completely empty case.. and the other one is a 7548 dial and kanji day/date wheels, 7546 dress watch movement and the original 6309 auto hands, case, and bezel.

They are the best of a few worlds if you ask me.. quartz, vintage, diver.. grab and go perfection i think as i'm a fan of vintage stuff as opposed to modern so having all the traits of a modern grab and go but being 40 odd years old.. really appeals to me.

·
Registered
511 Posts
All my watches are quartz.
I usually pick one base on the watch band.
E.g. if I'll be in the water, I like to wear plastic/rubber band.

·
Registered
909 Posts
My "grab and go" watch could be my mechanical pieces (both without date or any complications) i just set the time wound and they are good to go for another 24 hours (actually 48 but i like to wound them once a day).

However since they are my dressier watches, and grab and go are usually assosiated with beaters - i will take another minute to get my auto, set the date (gmt etc) and give it a couple of turns to start it off.

and despite being lazy, i will always take a minute (or two) to get my autos running :)

Отправлено с моего Philips I908 через Tapatalk

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,281 Posts
My "grab and go" watch could be my mechanical pieces (both without date or any complications) i just set the time wound and they are good to go for another 24 hours (actually 48 but i like to wound them once a day).

However since they are my dressier watches, and grab and go are usually assosiated with beaters - i will take another minute to get my auto, set the date (gmt etc) and give it a couple of turns to start it off.

and despite being lazy, i will always take a minute (or two) to get my autos running :)
If you have to wind and set the time and/or date they are not grab and go.
They are grab-fiddle-fart-fiddle and go!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I had a few but I've either sold them or am in the process of selling them. A Seiko kinetic perpetual, couple of Eco-drives, couple of G-shocks. My taste in watches changes almost on a weekly basis lol. Leads to having too many watches and a very annoyed wife.

Once I got a good watch winder I now have 6 grab and go autos (whichever six happen to be in the winder).

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I keep my watches in a watch winder, so they're all grab and go, but it's good to have a true "grab and go" quartz around.

Grand Seiko SBGT009 Tungsten Carbide

2vl5nkl.jpg 6hqk95.jpg

·
Registered
485 Posts
I didn't before, most of my collection are vintage mechanicals, and one seiko 5 that was my only automatic and the closest I had to a grab and go. But then I picked up this "broken" seiko quartz chronograph off eBay a couple of weeks back, and I've certainly found there are times when it's good to have a quartz you can grab in the mornings when you are in a rush and don't have time to sit and fiddle. (Though to be honest, it does tend to come off again as soon as I get home and do have more time to fiddle. Gotta love that fiddling)

seiko-chrono.jpg

1 - 20 of 178 Posts