WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if anyone else rotates between an expensive watch and a very inexpensive watch on a regular basis?
I work as a mechanic so I almost always wear a cheap Citizen or Pulsar watch to work. (I am not knocking these watches only referring to price)
On days when not at work I will usually wear my Rolex Explorer. I know some of you will say wear the Rolex to work. I just can't see doing it. I am not overly concerned about some of the inevitable swirls and scratches that are bound to occur but the scrapes and gouges that I get at work are a bit too much for me to take.
I can't wait till I can wear my Rolex pretty much everyday...

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
On the bright side, at least you have something to look forward to at the end of the workday.

My rotation depends on what activities I'll be undertaking, and varies between a G-Sock, PAM, Helberg, Cartier or any of my Rolexes.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have a pretty good rotation between mostly the first four watches in my signature. Since getting the Pelagos a couple weeks ago the others have struggled to get wrist time, but they're slowly working their way back in.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I have a variety of watches from a Seiko to a Speedmaster Pro.

I wear them all, regularly.

Reactions: rfortson

·
Premium Member
20,850 Posts
Yes, but I have to admit that I tend to wear my midpriced watches, like my Tudor Black Bay and my Omega Seamaster 300 Vintage.

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Yes, I have way too many watches and try to give all of them some loving... So during work week I can be wearing a Zenith or Orient Star or Chr Ward Malvern to work, and on a weekend I can be sporting an Orange Monster or Seagull 1964 or Omega - all with roughly equal probability

·
Registered
11,807 Posts
Yes, but I have to admit that I tend to wear my midpriced watches, like my Tudor Black Bay and my Omega Seamaster 300 Vintage.
You have a very wide range (price-wise) of watches. Do you wear your affordables very often? If so, any particular times? Just curious.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I've got a Vacheron Patrimony and a beat up Casio that I think was $10USD when I bought it 8 years ago or so as the top and bottom of my range. Since work makes me wear my Timex most of the week, I rotate each of my other watches so usually no watch goes more than 2 months without some time on the wrist, even my dress watches.

·
Registered
747 Posts
My collection ranges from a HMT Sona to an Omega Speedmaster automatic and spans pretty evenly between the two. I tend to wear my more expensive watches more often but I'll still rock the cheapo's proudly, my Skx007 has probably seen the most action out of all my watches. Even though the HMT is my cheapest watch it is my truest dress watch so I'll wear it with a suit to formal occasions no problem. I actually wore it to a friends wedding and everyone knows that I am into watches so I got a lot of questions about the watch including how much did it cost, no one could believe I got it for $20 off ebay.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I don't own any real high end watches (PP, AP, VC, etc.), nor very affordable one. My job is 3 weeks a month of office work and 1 week at farmland. When at the office I alternate my expensive ones (UN Dual time, Cartier Tank MC, Ball Trainmaster 120th). For farmland travel I have a Tissot Moto GP that I use a a beater. On weekends I use my Ulysse Nardin in SS bracelet or the Tissot. I have managed to reduce my collection to only 4 watches, so they all get a lot of wrist time now.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
A bunch of watches for me and no differentiation in terms of when worn, just rotate, helps that I rarely get into a "dangerous to watch" situation/environment . . .

·
Premium Member
20,850 Posts
You have a very wide range (price-wise) of watches. Do you wear your affordables very often? If so, any particular times? Just curious.
I tend to wear my Seiko Sportura Kinetic SUN025P1 or my Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military when I'm traveling on planes or trains, so that I don't have to worry about them. I tend also to bring one of my midpriced watches in a carrying case, so that I have something to switch to when I get to my destination and I'm visiting watch stores :)

Reactions: rfortson

·
Registered
595 Posts
I wear a high-end watch (a JLC titanium diver) almost as a beater, and a much cheaper Chronoswiss Tora as a dress watch which I tend to baby. Go figure :)

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I wear my Rolex 98% of the time... Put on my Visodate for church (not very often) and my Orient Saturation Diver when I work on my car (not very often). I now even wear my BLNR when mowing the lawn. I like to wear a watch for consecutive days and my lower end watches gain or lose time in excess of 8 SPD... drives me nuts. I even had the OSD regulated and within 2 months was back to losing a lot of time. For better or worse my Rolex is my only trusty watch that performs dutifully in any circumstance.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts