WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have a particular watch that you wear around your house or apartment? (Or do you maybe take your watch off at home entirely?)

Lately, I've been wearing this little Omega Seamaster around home, because it is little, light, and comfortable. It's like putting on slippers after wearing hard shoes all day. Also, a smaller watch has --for me-- less chance of a close encounter with a wall than a large watch, so it's become the watch I slip on when I'm at home.

Bill

IMG_1806.JPG

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yes, I call it my house watch. I don't put it on when I get home though. If I'm going to be home for most of the day I'll wear it. It's an old, beat up Tissot chrono, that is especially useful for food preparation... when I need to time things.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I may be a little odd in the WIS world in that I wear a watch 24/7. I don't have a house watch as I wear the current watch what ever it might be, though if I have been out with a dress watch on I will change to whatever I am going to wear for the next day or two when I get home. I do have a Seiko quartz diver I wear when I am working in the yard, honey do list etc.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Welcome......I wear all my watches....An example, today I'm wearing a Longines Retro. on Croc. strap...I washed
my dog...I took off the watch, finished his drying and put the watch back on....I see no sense in a special "house watch"
But I'm not condemning or belittling you for having one.

·
Registered
29,160 Posts
Timex Expedition or G-Shock. If they break, no great loss. The good stuff is saved for work and play mode.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The red fireball for around the house. Big but light easily readable and with active 12 and 7 month old children I don't Care if it gets banged up

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
6,316 Posts
g-shock mudman... if i'm moving stuff into/out of the basement, attic, garage, under the deck, working in the yard, cleaning the pool, washing my cars, going to the gym, running errands, etc.

·
Registered
14,923 Posts
That's a beauty Bill, vintage is it? Right now, this is the most casual piece I have so it's the one I hang out with at home. A lot heavier and larger than yours for sure but it works for me in the laid back environment . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Not a "house watch" really, but I always wear an auto to bed. If I wear a manual out for the day, I usually swap out for an auto at some point when I get home.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
yes i have a couple. they are called wall clocks and desk clocks. i also have one in the garage wall. but i do wear a timex or casio wrist watch when i do yard work on my lawn.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Hi Bill, no I don't. I just put that day's watch on in the morning and wear it all day.
That's also how I roll - with the odd change for specific activities.

·
Registered
70 Posts
As the matter of fact, I do. Timex Weekender T2P2369J.
The strap is comfortable and the case is small. And it has back-light which is useful if I roam around dark part of my apartment. Exactly like picture below.
499DD4B78DB6CF1954212D16BD5DC765863592.jpg
pic taken from myshopping.com.au

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I often wear my Sea-Gull 1963 after I get home from work. It is light and comfortable and a change of pace from my larger watches.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Whatever I wore to work usually comes off when I get home, it helps me to make the transition. Otherwise, it's whatever mood strikes me is what I put on. Sometimes I go commando.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I like to wear a different watch daily but i put a watch on after my morning wash and it stays on until i go to bed whatever i am doing never wear a watch in bed my only rule is when i am going out drinking with my son i always wear the Omega he wants when i am gone.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts