WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
My parents gave me a mechanical Poljot as a present when I turned 14. No idea what happened to it. I vaguely remember that in high school I was looking for and got a digital watch as a replacement. As a young man I wore quite a few battery powered watches either digital or analog. None lasted for long... then the collecting bug bit me!
After more than 30 years, I decided to buy the same model Poljot as the one received from my parents. Here it is:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I can't really recall but I think that my first ever watch was a Casio F-91W that my dad bought me when I was 10 or 11 years old but that lasted about a year or so and really didn't wore it much.

In 2013 my love for watches came to life and I bought a Seiko Solar Flightmaster Chronograph, reference number SSC008P1, which is still in my collection today and I have no plans of getting rid out it at all. Here's a picture of my first love.

Regards.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Star Wars red LED watch was the earliest watch I remember. Never knew what happened to it, or the Casio game watch, or the Armitron game watch. Guess watches just vanish when you’re a kid.

Seiko G757, early 80s, my oldest watch (original owner).

I got it running in July after years of being without a battery. Sadly, it stopped running about a month later.
A542840B-1D9F-45C9-B48A-8B164784B937.jpeg
3CA047BF-CED5-4A6E-80B4-10F872F3B480.png

·
Registered
24 Posts
I haven't got my first watch which was a tiny little Timex but I still have the Casio my parents bought me for my 16th birthday..I'm 54 now lol. I wore it well into my twenties when I was in the building trade so it's beaten to death.
In the picture with it is the Casio MG880 "space invader calculator" I had for my 15th...Both still work although the 10 year lithium battery in the watch has now gone flat....:D

IMG_20201122_111710.jpg

·
Registered
331 Posts
This Timex was given to me in 1969, I was 11yo. It is still running all these years later. I was given a Bulova Caravelle when I graduated HS in '76 and I still have it but cannot find it at present. My 1st big purchase was a Seiko 6309 in '78 and I "left" it on the reef off Placentia Belize in 1980, next I bought a Tag Formula duty free in St. Thomas and ended up giving it to one of my sisters years later. Casio digitals were super popular during that time and I had a few, but none remain with me today. The Timex makes me smile often, it resides in my pencil drawer in my writing desk, as soon as I shake it it starts ticking. Cameron Swayze was true to his word :)
timex.jpg

·
Registered
23,634 Posts
Depends how far back you wanna go with firsts?

School Timex and Swatch all worn to death as I’ve always been a wearer not a storer, Still have my first expensive watch purchase from 1993 though, and it’s on today.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is the first watch I bought for myself. A Citizen I bought in the mid 90s. Have replaced the crystal twice, which is a bear. The pushers are held in by microscopic plastic keepers. These have sprung out of my tweezers twice and I miraculously found them. On my first attempt I scratched the chapter ring which you can probably see in the picture. I also had to replace the alarm spring when the department store jewelry counter lost it while replacing the battery. But I think it is still a good looking watch. It was an early indication that I liked blue faces. I have several other blue faced watches now.

·
Registered
31,461 Posts
My "first" watches were actually pocketwatches from my Grandfather and yes I still have them.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Nope. Not a one.

Some of my earliest watches were a Bulova Caravelle dress watch my uncle gave me for my birthday when I 10 or so. No idea where that is now. A Star Wars digital watch (the one with the stickers) that I had around the same time. I think I threw that out in the 80s when the strap broke. A Casio DW1000 that I really wish I still had. No idea what happened to it. One of the O.G. Swiss Army watches. Black bezel. That one's probably in a drawer at my parent's house somewhere. Maybe I'll run across it some day.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts