WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
My very first watch was a 30ish mm velcro straped Casio that I'm not going to wear nowadays for obvious reasons. Cool that you still can wear yours, I'm a bit jealous tbh!

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
No....My first was a Hopalong Cassidy (50's American TV Cowboy) I was 6 or 7 I think.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Nope, long gone. I got mine when I was 4 or 5. It was a Singapore Airlines toy watch for children. Shaped like a stubby aeroplane, the nose section pulled out to reveal a digital time display and it made vaguely aeroplane sounding noises.

I've still got most of my childhood watches though. My first g-shock is long gone but I've a couple of Casio digitals and the embarrassing oversized Storm watches of my teen years.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Can't even remember what was my first watch... should have been 4 or 5 when I got it.

·
Premium Member
7,511 Posts
I've had a few cheap watches which I kept breaking until for my 15th birthday in 1963 I got this Tissot Seastar. It is still ticking today so I must have become careful ... b-)

CIMG0887.JPG

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
No, she dumped me about a week later. Wait, what is this thread about?

·
Registered
560 Posts
My first "watch" was a plastic toy watch I got out of a gumball machine for a quarter :D It lasted a few days and kept atrocious time. The first real watch I had was a Timex similar to the one in the picture below. I loved that watch!

Timex.JPG

·
Registered
31,449 Posts
I still have my first watch my Father gave me, a Hamilton, and it sits in our bookshelf display case to be admired, and not worn.

·
Registered
930 Posts
My first watch was a yellow dial, black leather, manual wind citizen. Been gone for 28 years but still remember that watch.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I still have mine. I bought it when I was 15 years old. It's a 39mm seiko chrono. I Even have the original receipt and box from 15 years ago!!!!! About a year ago I dug it out from somewhere in the house and had the crystal and battery replaced and also removed the metal band to put in on a timex nato, and I wear it around the house sometimes when I get my hands dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts
Nice Swatch! Wish I still had the one I had when I was in school.

A few years ago, we had our 25th high school reunion & one classmate came to the event wearing a complete outfit he wore in school, including his swatch. He got major points for saving everything and even more for staying slim enough for it all to fit!

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I don't think I wore a watch as a kid, but I still have the first watch I remember owning - a Hamilton Cabot my wife gave me for college graduation.

Interestingly, when my father passed away, I inherited the watch he received for his college graduation - a Hamilton Craig. Kind of eerie, I picked my Hamilton with no knowledge that my dad had such a similar watch.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
My first watch was a Timex and it's long long gone.
Mine too - except I recall it had Snoopy on the dial, and his arms were the watch hands. I remember it fondly to this day, but expect it met some sort of undeserving fate.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I still have mine. I bought it when I was 15 years old. It's a 39mm seiko chrono. I Even have the original receipt and box from 15 years ago!!!!! About a year ago I dug it out from somewhere in the house and had the crystal and battery replaced and also removed the metal band to put in on a timex nato, and I wear it around the house sometimes when I get my hands dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, what a sharp first watch!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts