WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I bought this Glycine watch at a pawnshop here in Sweden for about 60$, 7 year ago. It is by far the best watch I have ever owned. It’s accurate within +-1sec /week. There is still no sign off any scratch in the glass. It’s totally waterproof as far as I can tell (I have accidentally taken more than one swim in the sea with it). I have changed battery ones or maybe twice.

The only thing I don’t like about it is the date function that seems to thinks all months (maybe every other) have 31 days…

Do you know anything about this model? What is the name of it?

When I’m buying a new watch I will certainly look for a Glycine. I really like the look of some of the new ones.

Best regards
Linus

·
3,631 Posts
I don't know anything about that particular Glycine, but your photos tell a lot.
The watch has a sapphire crystal...That's why you haven't noticed any scratches. You won't, unless you rub up against a diamond :)
All analog watches run all the way through 31 days in a month. Every month you must forward the date if it has fewer than 31 days. The only watches that "know" how many days are in a month are more sophisticated movements known as "perpetual calendars".
Your watch is rated to 5atm...that's good for about 50 meters-worth of water pressure. A swim should not hurt it, but your watch is getting older and I wouldn't risk it anymore, since the gaskets may need replacing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts