WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking for anothwr mechanical or automatic, since my budget is really tight I went to a near by watchmaker who also sells new watches and some vintage ones, I picked this up for 30 USD it is running around 15 seconds ahead per day but I don't know about the brand, the movement, the age of the watch, do you know anything about it?

Attachments

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,407 Posts
Movement ? Where‘s the pic ?

Most likely a mass produced swiss made handwinding 17 jewels movement, maybe a FHF.
Case is chrome plated brass, only the back is stainless steel. Typical for the 1960s.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At the moment I don't have a way to open it, I will do it as soon as posible, thanls for the feedback, also, you said the case is chrome, but do you know what is the material underneath? The colour looks kind of orange

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,706 Posts
Yes 1960's style and dial color for sure. It's a predecessor style to the big funky designs of the 1970's. Incabloc indicates the shock absorbing jewel mounts used. I've seen other watches from back then described as tropicalized. The term has no definition that I can find. So call it a fuzzy non specific marketing term. Looks like some tropical moisture has damaged the dial.

The movement is probably hand wind with non quick set date. 15 seconds per day is good performance from a movement that probably hasn't been serviced in a long time.

Great that it runs. What other vintage watches do you have?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts