WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Do you like Stowa watches or Schauer watches?

• I only like Stowa watches. Schauer watches don't excite me.

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • I only like Schauer watches. Stowa watches are for old people.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I actually like both Stowa and Schauer watches equally.

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • I don't like either. They are forced on my wrist when my hip uncle passed away.

Votes: 1 4.5%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm not old enough to experience Stowa before Herr Schauer took over, I really admired the way Stowa is run now, with excellent customer service and a limited production scale that ensures quality of its product over brand image and allowing the owners to feel that they are owning something unique.

However, as I read the discussion on old versus new Stowa logo and reviewed the current catalogue, I can't help but notice a pretty big gap between the design language of older Stowa models like the marine, Flieger, Partitio... and the modern Schauer watches. I think the reason most people do not like the new logo is because it's a more Schauer-esque, modern design placed on older models, creating a discrepancy in style.

I am personally a fan of old Stowa watches but not so much for the newer Schauer models. I suspect Stowa fans here have polarized tastes, too. Are there really people who equally enjoyed the Schauer and the Stowa watches?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
In my current collection there are only representatives from Stowa. That being said, I am a big fan of the design of Schauer branded watches. I hope Jörg in the future again will release new design Schauer watches, personally I am hoping for a three-hand watch, no date.

·
Registered
106 Posts
~ What Erik_H has eloquently expressed above is essentially how I feel.

The Schauer watches are highly appealing to me.

I'm completely new to quality watches and to STOWA, with only half a year of beginning to learn about them.

If at all possible, a Schauer watch may be ordered in 2021.

Tom K.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I came to Stowa for their vintage and heritage watches, offered in contemporary sizes with quality movements and build. I didn’t know about Schauer watches until I spent more time online researching Jörg’s takeover of the brand and recognizing his personal legacy before the purchase. While I do like the look of the Schauer cases and dials, the sizing is an issue for me. Small wrists don’t work well with many of the Schauer designs.
I’m sure the Partitio case was originally much smaller than its current 37mm, and we all know the Flieger was originally 55mm, not the wearable 36-41mm options sold now. Schauer watches are unfortunately still outside of that range for smaller wrists. So until that changes, I’ll have to stick with just Stowa watches.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
While I do like the look of the Schauer cases and dials, the sizing is an issue for me. Small wrists don’t work well with many of the Schauer designs.
You will be surprised. I bet!

I’m sure the Partitio case was originally much smaller than its current 37mm
Yes, the former models showing a similar dial had cases measuring 32/33 mm.

and we all know the Flieger was originally 55mm, not the wearable 36-41mm options sold now.
Deckwatches (Marine Original) even had a 60 mm diameter.

Schauer watches are unfortunately still outside of that range for smaller wrists. So until that changes, I’ll have to stick with just Stowa watches.
Stowa watches aren't a bad choice - but I am sure that you can wear Schauer watches too. Not all, but many:

Schauer Triplets.jpg

SCHAUER Einzeiger.jpg

All these Schauer watches will match your wrist size, you bet.
37 mm diameter, thin bezel and 18 mm lug width.

Here you can view more pics of these watches and of a black 42 mm chronograph.
Two watches (white DayDate and blue chronograph) are sold already.
All pics are shot in daylight with a macro lens (10 x) and they are not treated!

Ihr persönlicher Freigabelink | WEB.DE Online-Speicher

Could I win you over?

Volker ;-)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Owning a modest number of Stowas and only one Schauer („Kleine Schauer“) both brands appealing to me.
I Iilke the Stowas for their classic, pure and (Military) clarity Design. The Schauers are really cool from the design.

A short while ago I thought that Schauers were rarebirds, and was lucky to get even one.

But the previously post gives a hint of the variety of Schauer watches

·
Registered
52 Posts
All these Schauer watches will match your wrist size, you bet.
37 mm diameter, thin bezel and 18 mm lug width.

Could I win you over?
I stand corrected. Very cool to know about those options. I’ve watched the website for around a year and had never seen an offering under 42mm. Hopefully they bring those smaller sizes back to their catalog soon! That would probably be enough to convince me to purchase one.

·
Premium Member
40,150 Posts
I like Stowa more, but still like Schauer. I've been looking for a yellow Kleine Schauer for years.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I would also like a yellow Kleine Schauer, to go with the 2 I have from the original run of 400.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts