WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Do you prefer the old Stowa logo to the new logo?

• Yes, I prefer the old logo.

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • No, the new logo looks just fine.

Votes: 13 30.2%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that in some watches, such as the Partitio, the old logo is still alive. I personally love the old logo much better than the new one and don't see why it can't be brought back.

When is stowa gonna bring back the old logo? When they do, many people may re-buy their favorite Stowas just to have the right looking logos.

For those that don't know what I mean, this is the old logo:

And this is the new logo:

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
New looks similar to what every other company on earth has been rebranding to over the last decade, the visual and font anyway

I hate seeing brands this old and established take the 🪓 to tradition

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
I love the old Stowa logo, mostly due to the S. The new one isnt bad though. It fits the image of the company better IMO. Less dated.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Got no issue with the new logo on the modern pieces - but prefer the old logo on classic models e.g. Paritio, Antea, Marine.

They can't still be using old stock for new Partitio / 1938 Chrono dials, so Stowa must know this themselves - strange that they changed the Antea and Marine to the new.

I do own an Antea with the new logo and it doesn't ruin it, just prefer the old - it a 'heritage' piece and is sold as such, the logo is part of that heritage in my eyes

·
Registered
759 Posts
I like the old logo on my antea ks, but prefer the new one on fliegers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Old logo is ugly(bad aesthetic) new one is better, but still not perfect. Nice logo can add a lot to the aesthetic of a watch and in case of Stowa watches it just doesnt work quite well. In case of flieger watches for example, fliegers with the new logo look ok, but with the old logo they just don't. I think that Stowa offers the old logo on chronograps, Seatimes and Partitios because they still have a lot of dials with the old logo and they want to use them first and then will change. Marine has the new logo, marine chronograph has the old. ???

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I think the lazy S had an iconic look like the circular VW logo or the cursive script Coca-Cola logo.

Changing logos was like the Yankees giving up pin stripes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I like both but I own a Stowa Marine Classic with the new logo. The new logo is nice, crisp, and clean. It adds sophistication without being distracting.

·
Registered
172 Posts
In a side by side comparison i would say the old one looks better, but on a dial I think the symmetry of the newer logo makes it look more elegant.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts