WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Do you prefer the old Stowa logo to the new logo?

• Yes, I prefer the old logo.

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • No, the new logo looks just fine.

Votes: 13 30.2%
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I guess I can consider myself a history buff and I do like some things simply because of the historical value, so it will not be surprising that I think the old logo was better. I mean, that quirky S looks cool and the whole logo is something else when copared to using plain MS Word fonts. And Antea with that old logo looks amazing, straight out of 1930's watch catalog.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see that in some watches, such as the Partitio, the old logo is still alive. I personally love the old logo much better than the new one and don't see why it can't be brought back.

When is stowa gonna bring back the old logo? When they do, many people may re-buy their favorite Stowas just to have the right looking logos.

For those that don't know what I mean, this is the old logo:
View attachment 15549291

And this is the new logo:
View attachment 15549290
I have a Flieger no-logo. But I prefer the old style.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Every time this is discussed the majority is always for the old logo. Personally I only will purchase models featuring the old logo or sterile dial. And I’m in my 20s, its not because I’ve been buying Stowa very long. My first watch featured the new logo and it’s the only thing I dislike about the piece. I would buy an old-logo white Flieger in a heartbeat if they sold one. I actually didn’t buy an Antea from Stowa because the demo model they showed me was the old logo and they could only sell me a new logo model. I later picked it up on chrono24.
7297A973-3072-4048-939E-279FA2B7B305.jpeg
The way the new logo is shown on the dial looks off-centered, because the symbol is placed in front of the text. I think that makes the new logo less symmetrical than the old, and it has less character.
F281C496-89A2-41D7-8A6B-75041CF63E3B.jpeg
I think Jörg will appreciate this input, let’s keep this poll going and see how much response we can get.

·
Registered
461 Posts
A 1:2 ratio for new versus old isn’t bad given how ridiculously conservative the watch world is. Looks like the new logo does well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think, that one line logo with brand name doesn't work. I looked around and usually we see logo above brand name and the year beneath, so two or three line. Sometimes i have filling, that Stowa dials are to ampty( on purpose, i know) but brand name and logo should be an ornament, not necessity.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I would buy an old-logo white Flieger in a heartbeat if they sold one.
You have to search sales corners, auction platforms and flea markets for the white version.......................of this watch:

Icarus black dial.jpg

That is the first IKARUS Stowa ever made. My watch, sold in the meantime, was made in 2002, when two different dials were used, a black one and a white one.

Good luck to find one,

Volker ;-)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Every time this is discussed the majority is always for the old logo. Personally I only will purchase models featuring the old logo or sterile dial. And I’m in my 20s, its not because I’ve been buying Stowa very long. My first watch featured the new logo and it’s the only thing I dislike about the piece. I would buy an old-logo white Flieger in a heartbeat if they sold one. I actually didn’t buy an Antea from Stowa because the demo model they showed me was the old logo and they could only sell me a new logo model. I later picked it up on chrono24.
View attachment 15554288
The way the new logo is shown on the dial looks off-centered, because the symbol is placed in front of the text. I think that makes the new logo less symmetrical than the old, and it has less character.
View attachment 15554298
I think Jörg will appreciate this input, let’s keep this poll going and see how much response we can get.
I am frankly quite surprised that one third of the people like the new logo over the old logo. Although in the comment section, it looks like most people still like the old logo better : )

·
Registered
29 Posts
For all those reading this thread, I encourage you to read Jörg's post discussing the new logo:

I think changing the logo was part of him making this brand his own. He did rebuild the brand and it quickly exceeded it's former glory under his leadership. I believe he wants clear separation between the old Stowa and the Stowa he's built. It's been difficult to see it go, but I believe it will make all of our old logo models collectors items :cool:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
For all those reading this thread, I encourage you to read Jörg's post discussing the new logo:

I think changing the logo was part of him making this brand his own. He did rebuild the brand and it quickly exceeded it's former glory under his leadership. I believe he wants clear separation between the old Stowa and the Stowa he's built. It's been difficult to see it go, but I believe it will make all of our old logo models collectors items :cool:
If the current Stowa are happy to use models from the past such as the Antea, which is part of the 'old' Stowa, then why cant the logo of the 'old' historical Stowa remain?

That's where the approach is inconsistent - You cant have clear separation between old and new if several current models so clearly reference historical models.

Look at Longines for instance, who's heritage re-releases of old models are widely praised as being some of the best and most sympathetic available - they always adapt their logo to reflect the logo of the watch when it was originally in production, so the product as a whole is consistent, which to my mind the historical models from Stowa are not.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts