WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Do you prefer the old Stowa logo to the new logo?

• Yes, I prefer the old logo.

Votes: 73 74.5%
  • No, the new logo looks just fine.

Votes: 25 25.5%
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I prefer the old logo and it is actively stopping me from buying from Stowa. If they gave the option to get a new MO with the old logo I would buy it instantly. A little over a year ago I contacted Stowa asking if they had any plans to bring it back or if I could pay extra to custom order an MO with the old logo. They said no chance to both and I bought a Christopher Ward instead. Hopefully now that they have new ownership they will bring back the old logo or allow for customization to get it

·
Registered
887 Posts
Of the 2 images that were posted first, the new logo looks cleaner. Seeing them on a dial a prefer the old one. Go figure.

The Brand Designer in me is wondering what the S and T in the old logo are supposed to symbolize, if anything?

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,607 Posts
The old logo is infinitely better. Maybe they go back to it now that the company is sold.
The company is sold but Jörg is still in charge. So I doubt the old logo will see a re-birth.
Anyway, I am missing some words from the new owner or Jörg what the future of Stowa will be, what customers can expect. A kit that meets a couple of customer requirements is nice, but clearly not enough for me. I am still missing a few clarifying words. I also don't see how Stowa fits into the Tempus Arte Group.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The company is sold but Jörg is still in charge. So I doubt the old logo will see a re-birth.
Anyway, I am missing some words from the new owner or Jörg what the future of Stowa will be, what customers can expect. A kit that meets a couple of customer requirements is nice, but clearly not enough for me. I am still missing a few clarifying words. I also don't see how Stowa fits into the Tempus Arte Group.
Any chance the owner tells him to allow the old logo to be ordered now that they’re doing customization on their pieces? A new owner would definitely be interested in making money and bringing back the stowa logo will sell a ton of watches. I mean just look at this poll. It’s been like 7 years and the majority of people still think the new logo is a flop

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Perhaps the "right looking logo" is the new logo.

My only gripe with the new one is that Jorge should have gone with it instantly when he took over the brand. It would have made a lot more sense. New owner, new generation, new logo.

·
Registered
81 Posts
the old one. got a vintage Seatime from 70-s (branded with old logo of course)
new (still new...6 yrs already) is just generic logo set in generic Myriad type

·
Registered
Omega Constellation, Stowa Partitio, , Steinhart, Limes Endurance Neptun Vintage: Tissot, Bulova.
346 Posts
I see that in some watches, such as the Partitio, the old logo is still alive. I personally love the old logo much better than the new one and don't see why it can't be brought back.

When is stowa gonna bring back the old logo? When they do, many people may re-buy their favorite Stowas just to have the right looking logos.

For those that don't know what I mean, this is the old logo:
View attachment 15549291

And this is the new logo:
View attachment 15549290
New

·
Registered
103 Posts
I prefer the old logo and it is actively stopping me from buying from Stowa. If they gave the option to get a new MO with the old logo I would buy it instantly. A little over a year ago I contacted Stowa asking if they had any plans to bring it back or if I could pay extra to custom order an MO with the old logo. They said no chance to both and I bought a Christopher Ward instead. Hopefully now that they have new ownership they will bring back the old logo or allow for customization to get it
Same here. I of course have the old logo on my Seatime, and love it. I would have bought at least one other Stowa by now (a white-dial Flieger) if it had the old logo. I really strongly dislike the new logo, even on the bracelet of my watch.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
When the old logo was around I didn't think too much about it but now that it's gone I do miss it.
Really just suited the type of watches produced with a sort of old world charm.
For example I much prefer the Flieger with the old logo than the new.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am once again in the market for a new watch. If Stowa offered the original logo I would buy one tomorrow as I have wanted an MO for like 8 years. Sadly I feel I will have to look elsewhere

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Old logo seems to be overwhelmingly preferred (and I agree). Maybe new ownership means a re-launch of the old logo/font is not out of the question some day? I wouldn't bet on it, but I think it's more likely now than before the sale.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Old logo seems to be overwhelmingly preferred (and I agree). Maybe new ownership means a re-launch of the old logo/font is not out of the question some day? I wouldn't bet on it, but I think it's more likely now than before the sale.
I sent them an email two weeks ago asking and they said they have no plans to bring back the old logo. They are under new ownership but Jorg is still the CEO and this new logo is his thing. Very unfortunate. Lots of money to be made by offering the old logo as the vast majority prefers it. Guess I’ll start looking into Nomos or something

·
Registered
20,870 Posts
As long as it's a Stowa, it's fine with me.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts