WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was planning on getting the GMT but I have to say I was a bit put off by the date movement issues. In the meantime I got the BB58 which I have had for a few months. I now think there is something not quite right about the proportions of the GMT dial - it looks a little too spaced out. Perhaps the markers should be bigger? This could be just that I am so used to the 58 but I can't quite get over the thin minute hand and the empty feel on the GMT dial.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I finally got brave and dove in for some watches I always wanted. Always been in the Hamilton, tissot and certina range but pulled the trigger. For me I'm still in love with it as it's a new to me purchase and I have the bias attachment of always have wanted it. But it seems to do the trick. And luckily being deployed to where I am Tudors and such are pretty low on the pole of what the locals like so I got it at a decent price. Also picked up a bb W blue bezel that I of course love. Once I get more wrist time I can better give an unbiased opinion. So for now. I likie!!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's my favorite watch and I wear it for absolutely everything and without caution. I love the hands, bezel, bracelet (although I rotate between a lot of different straps), and I particularly love that it's thick. I'm going to bang it up for half a century, hopefully, and pass it along to my kid.
Screenshot_20200520_203910_com.instagram.android~2.jpg

·
Registered
124 Posts
I like it a lot, but so far I don't "love" it. Absolutely nothing wrong with it... very robust watch, goes well on multiple straps. I like its Power Reserve and it's the watch I can just pick up and wear whenever I want. But, I'm not sure if it'll end up a part of my long term collection or if I"ll eventually sell it and get a 16710 (I'm leaning toward the latter currently). I can't quite put my finger on what it is that makes me feel that way...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love mine to pieces. I’d been considering a Black Bay for a while and when the GMT was announced I had to have one. For my lifestyle it’s my “go anywhere, do anything” watch and if I had to pare my collection down to just one, this would be it. Proportions are perfect for me, love the bezel, love the hands.

That said, I find three issues that could use improvement:
The metal seems soft. I get dings in my lugs from normal strap changes.
The date doesn’t advance promptly at midnight. Minor issue compared to the other date wheel stories I’ve heard, but come on.
If I don’t wind it by hand when I take it off, the power reserve is basically nil.
I notice these three things because I haven’t encountered any of them with my less expensive watches. I just don’t get it.

Nonetheless I enjoy it every time I put it on and can’t see myself letting go of it any time soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I love mine to pieces. I’d been considering a Black Bay for a while and when the GMT was announced I had to have one. For my lifestyle it’s my “go anywhere, do anything” watch and if I had to pare my collection down to just one, this would be it. Proportions are perfect for me, love the bezel, love the hands.

That said, I find three issues that could use improvement:
The metal seems soft. I get dings in my lugs from normal strap changes.
The date doesn’t advance promptly at midnight. Minor issue compared to the other date wheel stories I’ve heard, but come on.
If I don’t wind it by hand when I take it off, the power reserve is basically nil.
I notice these three things because I haven’t encountered any of them with my less expensive watches. I just don’t get it.

Nonetheless I enjoy it every time I put it on and can’t see myself letting go of it any time soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh oh, I guess something is wrong with yours...

Can you post a picture?

Power reserve on mine is excellent - the full 70 hours

At which time does the date change?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oh oh, I guess something is wrong with yours...

Can you post a picture?

Power reserve on mine is excellent - the full 70 hours

At which time does the date change?
If I don’t wind it when I take it off the power reserve is only about 12 hours.
The date changes between 12:15 and 2:00, seemingly depending on whether I’ve recently wound it.
You want to see a photo of the lugs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's a great watch. If it was 1.5 mm thinner and they used Mercedes hands it would be an absolute beast. But I wonder if it would be possible to get a 70 hour power reserve out of a smaller movement.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
If I don’t wind it when I take it off the power reserve is only about 12 hours.
The date changes between 12:15 and 2:00, seemingly depending on whether I’ve recently wound it.
You want to see a photo of the lugs?

Dial please.

Did you buy the watch from an authorized dealer?

Also when you hand wind the movement fully - how long does it last?

Is the date change still instantaneous or do you see the date changing over a period of time?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
It's a great watch. If it was 1.5 mm thinner and they used Mercedes hands it would be an absolute beast. But I wonder if it would be possible to get a 70 hour power reserve out of a smaller movement.
Yes I think it is. Let’s see what is released in a couple of years. They already created a newer, smaller movement with the BB58 to allow smaller cases.

And when A. Lange & Söhne can build a 31 day power reserve watch with a height of 15.9 mm I am sure it’s possible. http://www.alange-soehne.com/en/timepieces/lange31

Oh and Bvlgari launched in 2019 the Bvlgari Octo Finissimo Chronograph GMT Automatic
Watch is 6.9mm height, movement 3.3mm and that has a chronograph too....55 hours power reserve

https://monochrome-watches.com/bvlgari-octo-finissimo-chronograph-gmt-automatic-worlds-thinnest-chronograph-watch-baselworld-2019-hands-on-price/

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bvlgari is an amazing watch. Same with Lange. Good point on the bb58 movement.

Dislikes:

If they made this watch thinner it would be amazing.

Another thing I did not like about it was the 22 mm bracelet end link size. I felt like it didn’t allow the lugs to gracefully return to center. I don’t know if I’m saying that right. It’s like they were a couple of fans extending down from the case. I just didn’t like it

Make it with a 20 mm lug with.

Things I liked/loved:

Keep the rivet bracelet design but please Add An easy link bracelet extension.

I do like the bezel very much. I felt like while it is a call back to the 1675 etc it was its own watch due to unique fonts. I liked the smaller knurling on the bezel edges too.

The absence of crown guards was I thought really nice looking.

The chamfers on the case were beautiful.

There was so much I loved about the watch but the case thickness and really large lug width kept me from truly embracing it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have come so close to buying this twice, but having a smaller wrist I think its just a tad too big - I can't believe that Tudor will not do a 58 cased version at some point I have to listen to my head on this one and wait and see if they actually make one, I really do love this watch though the colours are superb.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine is sitting at my Authorized Dealer because I had the date jump two days at a time for 3 days straight purchased September 2019 new. I brought it in on March 12th and days later the Covid-19 essential business policies were implemented and watch businesses closed. I'm done with Tudor as a brand because they have known since 2018 when this watch launched that they have a problem with the movement. There should be a class action lawsuit for damages to the buyers of this watch. The potential value is damaged not to mention the loss having to send it in for service. There are many that have had the problem repeat multiple times. Rolex - Tudor must be so arrogant they could care less about customers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dial please.

Did you buy the watch from an authorized dealer?

Also when you hand wind the movement fully - how long does it last?

Is the date change still instantaneous or do you see the date changing over a period of time?

Yes, I ordered it from Timeless Lux.
If I wind it when I take it off I can leave it alone for a weekend and it’s still good on Monday morning.
The date clicks over instantaneously and precisely.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mine is sitting at my Authorized Dealer because I had the date jump two days at a time for 3 days straight purchased September 2019 new. I brought it in on March 12th and days later the Covid-19 essential business policies were implemented and watch businesses closed. I'm done with Tudor as a brand because they have known since 2018 when this watch launched that they have a problem with the movement. There should be a class action lawsuit for damages to the buyers of this watch. The potential value is damaged not to mention the loss having to send it in for service. There are many that have had the problem repeat multiple times. Rolex - Tudor must be so arrogant they could care less about customers.
I feel your pain... literally. I also bought my Tudor GMT new in Sept 2019 and started seeing the date-skip problem 2 months later. Because the Christmas break was looming I had my AD send the watch in early January. I got it back... today. !! Neither I nor the AD know what was done to correct the problem. I hope it’s fixed... it’s a lovely watch, but my enthusiasm for it has dimmed.

On the upside, Tudor has extended the warranty to 5 years. I hope I never need it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I still love mine, date problem happened, sent it off and they replaced the movement.....no issues and keeping fantastic time.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts