WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
If I could pay my Rolex Service Center to just lube the movement, I would but no, they have to do a full service as a minimum. The cost for this is about the same as if something minor is broken. Therefore, I will only have it serviced when I notice something is off such as it begins to run not as accurately.

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
If I could pay my Rolex Service Center to just lube the movement, I would but no, they have to do a full service as a minimum. The cost for this is about the same as if something minor is broken. Therefore, I will only have it serviced when I notice something is off such as it begins to run not as accurately.
You can't really lube a movement without doing a nearly full service. The car analogy breaks down here. You don't just drain out the old oil and put in the new, or just add grease to suspension joints. All the old gunked up oil and particles have to come out of all the jewels, which requires disassembling everything and cleaning it. If you just add more oil, you now just have more dirty oil in your watch. And some parts can't be oiled without disassembling something to get to them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
no, my 16753 was last serviced in '87 & stopped running in '08, when ben bridge sent from maui to seattle for servicing.

nothing was required to replace worn parts.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts