WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Just curious OP and Betterthere, what is the longest you guys have ever gone without flipping or purchasing a watch?
My last buy was the midsize SMPc, just over two years ago. That's probably the longest I have been without buying a watch. Back in the 90s and 00s, I wasn't a terrible flipper. That really happened when I joined this motley bunch. I learned to smoke and curse in the Boy Scouts. I learned to flip watches like hotcakes on WUS. :-d

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Guy's, so much regret and poor judgement around here! :-d :-d

·
Premium Member
11,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Guy's, so much regret and poor judgement around here! :-d :-d
If WUS were a 12-step program, it would be called "Alcoholics Unanimous." ;-)

·
Premium Member
4,794 Posts
I've flipped hundreds of watches, mostly because I'm fickle, but I've slowed down a lot as the years have gone by. I don't have any major regrets, but I mostly miss the ones that are no longer in production - I could get 'em back eventually, but it would take a lot of time and cost a lot more now!

Also, if Omega ever starts making another thin quartz diver, I'll be first in line!

IMG_8047.JPG DSC00910.JPG IMG_3820.JPG IMG_8118.JPG IMG_6356.JPG DSC00929.JPG IMG_3163.JPG IMG_6743.JPG IMG_7337.JPG IMG_5933.JPG

·
Registered
871 Posts
Since I joined WUS? Think about 3 months. Every watch I currently own is less than a year old.

One of my current faves... Which I tried to flip recently.. Don't know why for sure View attachment 15094945
So it’s more like a disease. I was kind of falling into that routine about a year and a half ago, but I am now proud to say that I have gone an entire year without acquiring a new watch or flipping any of the ones I have.

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
So it’s more like a disease. I was kind of falling into that routine about a year and a half ago, but I am now proud to say that I have gone an entire year without acquiring a new watch or flipping any of the ones I have.
Good for you Paul!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
You may be lucky. I gave my daughter the MK40 I had been wearing for 18 years as my only watch. I think she likes the quite colourful dial but she has told me she likes it most because of its history - including my wedding and her birth, trips to Nepal and South America etc. So wear the hell out of it before handing it down.

And being a collector or flipper of nothing at all this thread just leaves my stunned. How on earth do you do it, chaps? ;-)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Well, if we're going down that road, might as well go the distance:

Gen. 2 - I've had a few. They're cool watches, and somewhat unique.
IMG_1196.jpg

Omega Speedmaster 3590.50. Basically a perfect watch. This one hurt.
IMG_1180.jpg

Seiko SKXA35. I have an SKX011J (Orange), but the yellow was the best of the bunch.
IMG_0866.jpg

Another Omega Speedmaster 3590.50.
IMG_0807.jpg

Aerospace. Had just been serviced. Honestly, not as functional as the X-33, but a fun watch anyway.
IMG_0821.jpg

No Date Sub. Don't totally regret it but I do kind of a little bit.
IMG_0606.jpg

Biggest regret, bar none: Omega 3570.50 Speedmaster transitional with the Tritium dial. Makes no sense why I let it go.
IMG_0480.jpg

Gen. 3 X-33. 3 alarms?? Improved crown. Sold because I preferred the Gen. 2. And I thought it wore too big. Alas.
P3130001.JPG

First Aerospace Avantage I'd had. Again, not great, but a fun watch. I do like the strap and bracelet options that Breitling allows.
P3120004.jpg

I was going to post more, but my fingers were slipping on the keypad due to the tears.

·
Premium Member
11,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I was going to post more, but my fingers were slipping on the keypad due to the tears.
As Bill Clinton liked to say, "I feel your pain!" :-(

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
No tears here! There are other watch models that had owned multiple pieces, but were purchased to be immediately resold for profit (Speedy Tuesday 1 and 2 comes to mind) and they delivered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: iinsic

·
Premium Member
11,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
No tears here! There are other watch models that had owned mutiple pieces, but were purchased as investments (Speedy Tuesday 1 and 2 comes to mind) and they delivered
For the horological philanderer, what is the greatest balm for regret? The next new watch! :-!

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Wasn't it Monica Lewinsky, who said that to Bill Clinton? :think:

41 - 60 of 79 Posts