WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Do you mute the watch when the option is available?

• Muted (turn the beep off when changing modes)

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • No mute (leave the beep on when changing modes)

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
G-Shock Mod
13,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you set your watch to "mute" (no beep when changing modes) when its available?

I found myself always mute the watch if the option is available

·
Registered
65 Posts
I actually prefer the different tone you hear which signifies you've come full-circle back to the main time display. Using this audible signal, I can set an alarm and then flip back to main time display without even looking.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Yes I mute them. They're not really necessary, and must be quite a drain on the battery if you use your buttons a lot.

I actually prefer the different tone you hear which signifies you've come full-circle back to the main time display. Using this audible signal, I can set an alarm and then flip back to main time display without even looking.
That's the only time they can be useful in my opinion. It doesn't justify me having them on though, but at the same time, I'd rather they were there for that reason and mutable, than not there at all. :)

*Edit* I moved that into one post as they came out the wrong way round. :-s

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I like the beeps. They're a positive indication of a button press. I could manage without them, of course.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Ditto!

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have a Futurist

This particular Casio comes with a vibrating alert which can replace the beep for alarms, hourly signal etc. I use this in places when I will definitely not hear any beeps like the recent Comex (Consumer PC exhibition held last weekend in Singapore).

daniel
Singapore

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
I agree with that, though I'm not sure if any of my G's can be disabled at all....:think::-s

regards, holger

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I like the beeps. They're a positive indication of a button press. I could manage without them, of course.
Same here. I used to have my Mudman on Mute Mode. But every time that I would put it on after just haven taken off one of my Basics, I would always pause for a second and wonder why it wasn't beeping when I pushed on the Mode button. Only to remember that it was in Mute Mode.

It now beeps just like the rest of 'em.. ;-)

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I keep the beeps off generally, and only turn them on for a specific purpose that needs them. I find the beeps annoying mostly...

...but I hate mobile phones too. :-d

·
Registered
922 Posts
i need the beeps because i can set the alarm in the dark with no light. i count the beeps to the alarm mode then navigate by memory. Adjust, hour up/down, minutes, etc. I trust it has been done right. then i re-beep to the regular mode. mike:)

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
i need the beeps because i can set the alarm in the dark with no light. i count the beeps to the alarm mode then navigate by memory. Adjust, hour up/down, minutes, etc. I trust it has been done right. then i re-beep to the regular mode. mike:)
I'm not trying to be awkward here, but isn't it easier to do it in the light? :think: ;-)

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'm not trying to be awkward here, but isn't it easier to do it in the light? :think: ;-)
sure, but sometimes i'll be in bed then remember that i need to set my 5 alarms (getting up at 2:30 am is a chore to go fishing). one wont do it. plus I OCD on things and make it a game to see if i can get it right. i'm weird. Mike;-)

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
sure, but sometimes i'll be in bed then remember that i need to set my 5 alarms (getting up at 2:30 am is a chore to go fishing). one wont do it. plus I OCD on things and make it a game to see if i can get it right. i'm weird. Mike;-)
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. :-!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts