• Never

Votes: 90 56.6%
  • Only when not at home

Votes: 3 1.9%
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used to shower with a watch on when I was much younger (teen years) - but that was a cheap Guess Waterpro watch (still have it actually).

·
Banned
698 Posts
DIE THREAD DIE!!!!

:-d
HA...kind of agree. Almost a month-old thread at this point... and I imagine most people here know that even 20bar dive watches tell you not to shower with them, mainly to protect the seals from the rapid heating/cooling while wet process. Do that enough and any watch will be in trouble.

·
Registered
12,580 Posts
HA...kind of agree. Almost a month-old thread at this point... and I imagine most people here know that even 20bar dive watches tell you not to shower with them, mainly to protect the seals from the rapid heating/cooling while wet process. Do that enough and any watch will be in trouble.

Once again I will have to disagree, I will reiterate what I stated earlier. I had a Citizen Promaster that I showered with every single day for 8 years, once again that is 8 years and absolutely nothing happened to the gaskets. Does that not tell you something? No one will convince me otherwise. Had my Citizen or any of my other watches failed as a result of showering with them on I would of course have a different opinion but the proof is in the pudding. I have been doing this with all of my watches and there has NEVER EVER been a problem.This link says it all up to and including bathing. It's a different story when you are fluctuating between extreme temps such as going from a hot tub to a swimming pool and vice versa, other than that it does nothing to your watch.

http://www.deloachwatchservice.com/other_stuff/water_resistancy.htm#one

·
Banned
698 Posts
Eight years of daily exposure without an issue does get me to rethink that position a bit. What depth was it rated for?

I still would never wear a Planet Ocean in the shower, just because of the one-in-a-million chance that with my luck, the most expensive watch I own would be the exception to the rule. However, I might stop worrying so much about my regular Seiko, Citizen, Orient, ect divers.

The hot tub is still my big question mark. I spend a couple nights a week out there and like to know what time it is, but I can't imagine any worse scenario. But again, if it's supposed to dive to 600ft....

·
Registered
12,580 Posts
My Citizen was rated for 300 meters. It's not so much to do with the exposure to warm shower water and soap. It's extreme temp changes very hot to very cold. Even at that you see divers going from topside on a boat in the hot Florida sun into the ocean which of course is salt water and even at that their watches seem to hold up just fine. I would be more worried about constant exposure to salt water than a couple minutes of soap. In either case it should be rinsed off.

·
Banned
698 Posts
Almost every morning I run 10 minutes late or early for work because there is no good place for a clock in my bathroom or vanity area. I'm going to start designating my Citizen NY2300 as my official watch to sleep with and roll into the shower wearing. I just like experimenting and if I have a fish tank watch eventually, at least it'll make for some cool pictures to post. :-d

My Citizen was rated for 300 meters. It's not so much to do with the exposure to warm shower water and soap. It's extreme temp changes very hot to very cold. Even at that you see divers going from topside on a boat in the hot Florida sun into the ocean which of course is salt water and even at that their watches seem to hold up just fine. I would be more worried about constant exposure to salt water than a couple minutes of soap. In either case it should be rinsed off.

·
Registered
8,581 Posts
DIE THREAD DIE!!!!

:-d
LOL - the problem is that it has a poll and threads with polls always last longer.

And I never shower with my watch on, mainly because I like to wash my wrists once in a while.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I don't, but then again I've never been in such a rush to shower that I couldn't take the time to remove my watch.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know you all want this to die but ill throw some fuel on the fire.

I just got a Seiko SNZGK1. It is a Seiko Automatic. 7s36b movement with 100m water resistance. I have took it through some pretty extreme temps so far. I went from a 60° F swimming pool to a 105° F jacuzzi. From there I went to a 150° F steam room to a 110° F sauna. After all of that I took a cold shower. No fogging or anything in the glass. I plan to take it through a lot of extreme conditions. Ill keep you updated.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I take them down to shower, because my wrist need a good rub.

However, I do bathe my children with watch on. Except for watches with metal bracelets for they can scratch the acrylic of the tub.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts