• Occassionally Only

Votes: 14 15.9%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
8,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do You SIG?

What you find useful or not useful with hourly SIG.

I SIG but sometimes when I watch thriller movies, I am always afraid character's digital watch SIG will give away his hideout location.
G-Shocks SIG together is fun. I'll know how many watches timing is off.

Why do you SIG?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I SIG mainly because I find it helps me keep track of my day. I work as a consultant and my work can be very absorbing, not good when you are on a T&M basis. Also helps me make sure I am not spinning my wheels on a problem for hours and hours.

I tend to turn it off when not at work though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Always on, on my G5500. The Timex is too loud and the Seiko doesn't have hourly sig.

·
Registered
8,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought of this thread when I was at dreadful DMV waiting...just waiting...who isn't when you are at DMV.
Then I start to hear SIGs from others before mine then mine SIG and few others SIGs after.
Found it funny, interesting that there are lots of "digital brothers" in the same room I didn't know about until our watch SIG.
"They might be from G-SHOCK WUS" I think. Who knows :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I used it in high school and college, but once I entered the cube farm I turned it off fearing it was annoying to others. My son uses his now ... I'm not a fan anymore.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
I SIG mainly because I find it helps me keep track of my day. .../Also helps me make sure I am not spinning my wheels on a problem for hours and hours.

Me too. I often keep it on on weekends too. I try to remember to turn it off when I take off the watch at night, but I often forget. The bedroom becomes a cacophy of SIGs on and around the hour as various G's in various boxes chime the hour. Mrs. Kronos is not always amused......

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
... The bedroom becomes a cacophy of SIGs on and around the hour as various G's in various boxes chime the hour. Mrs. Kronos is not always amused......
Advice for the single guys, chicks DON'T dig the SIG.

My wife likes to point out the things I regularly do, that I didn't do on our first date. Things that would have eliminated me from a second date. When she was annoyed by our sons use of the SIG, I told her I used it when I was younger. I was told it was a good thing I stopped using it before our first date.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Me too. I often keep it on on weekends too. I try to remember to turn it off when I take off the watch at night, but I often forget. The bedroom becomes a cacophy of SIGs on and around the hour as various G's in various boxes chime the hour. Mrs. Kronos is not always amused......
That's what I like about the G-7800. The hourly SIG is configurable so that it doesn't go off for a designated period. The default is 23:00 to 7:30, but you can change it. VERY cool.

On my vintage TW-7000, the SIG happens at 30/60. Very useful for helping to keep track of time. But, it has to be turned off at night because it's way too loud. ;-)

On a date? Any beep alert is a negative. It disrupts the time together, and gives an impression that you're primed for other things that may be "more important." That's why I always put my phone on vibrate too.

·
Registered
8,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
And when they hear it they are always like, "hey, is that a G (something) there?" ;-)
THERE, you see. THAT is the PROBLEM for ladies. Always think of her and her only.

Btw, I am just joking. Hope female members don't find it offensive. The fact, I don't understand why ladies find SIG annoying. Well, I don't understand much about women either.

I am single and often wondering why I am single.....that explains it.

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Citizen Super Titanium CA0021-53E. G-Shock DW-5000MS (with GW-5000 strap)
1,920 Posts
Yes, I do.
All of my G-Shocks are in "SIG mode".
It keeps me on track of time.

Every hour all of my Gs beep at the same time.
It's annoying for some people, but I find it funny. :-d

·
Registered
359 Posts
THERE, you see. THAT is the PROBLEM for ladies. Always think of her and her only.

Btw, I am just joking. Hope female members don't find it offensive. The fact, I don't understand why ladies find SIG annoying. Well, I don't understand much about women either.

I am single and often wondering why I am single.....that explains it.
I really don't understand why ANYONE would find SIG annoying...
Really. Even at a first date...if the guy's watch SIGs, what's the big deal? He wears a digital watch, so what!
(For me, it's not an inconvenience...it's a reason for a second date!!!
Not to mention it is more likely that MY watch will SIG and not his.)

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
I would if I could hear it but I can't so I don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
521 Posts
I don't.
My children like it on their's, so basically it's a "lost watch locator becon".
Personally, I like my G's to be in stealth mode (SIG off).
Way back in my youth, girls with digital SIG on was a positive sign (think cheesy pickup lines), so I'm definitely not a hater.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts