WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Normally I like to wear watches for chunks of time (like 5-7 days or longer) without taking them off. Two days ago, I got my first more dressy watch. I already have a scratch and a nick on one lug. I remember banging it on something, but don't remember what. It made me think, should I take it off in the evenings after work and put something else on? (This watch has no lume so no reason to wear to bed) Normally I don't mind scratches and dents but on a more dressy watch I am inclined to keep it as scratch free as possible.

What do you all do? Change watches when you get home from work or wear continuously for longer chunks of time?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
20,615 Posts
I tend not to wear my dressy watches to bed, if that's what you're asking.

Reactions: Stoner1974

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I haven't been wearing this to bed either. No lume so what's the point. I guess I mean evening rather than night. Get home from work, pour yourself a bourbon and then change watches?
I tend not to wear my dressy watches to bed, if that's what you're asking.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I wouldn't wear a watch--I've literally punched myself in my sleep before and my wife says I've hit her on occasion. Having some sort of bludgeoning item on the wrist wouldn't be the best move

·
Premium Member
20,615 Posts
Yeah, I haven't been wearing this to bed either. No lume so what's the point. I guess I mean evening rather than night. Get home from work, pour yourself a bourbon and then change watches?
I see, I just take my watches off once I get home.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yea I usually change to a diver/field watch when I get home from the office... I have 12 watches, about half dress and half more casual. Dress is for work, casual for nights and weekends, unless it's a nice dinner out. I sleep with my watches too and most of my dress pieces are without lume

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I take off when I get home also. Unless, I'm going out again later.

There's little reason to wear a watch throughout the night unless you are traveling, etc.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
All my watches spend more time in storage than on my wrist, not sure why I need 5.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
I take it off the second I'm in the door and put it on before I leave, even if I were to come home for 15 minutes, there's a good chance just out of habit I'd do that.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
If I’m wearing a dress watch, once I get home it goes back in the watch box and I put on one of my EDW watches.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all. I think I am going to start taking it off when I get home as well. I never really thought about this before, but the way I bump watches on everything I think I need to take caution. I'll have to get a watch box, I suppose. Been putting it off because I don't want the wife to see all my watches in one place, heh. I started collecting less than a year ago and bought 5 watches since then.

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,281 Posts
Yea I usually change to a diver/field watch when I get home from the office... I have 12 watches, about half dress and half more casual. Dress is for work, casual for nights and weekends, unless it's a nice dinner out. I sleep with my watches too and most of my dress pieces are without lume
Same here, except I don't sleep with a watch on. Dressy(ish) for work, casual after hours. I swap watches when I change out of my work clothes.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
I wear my watches to bed - if they have lume. Otherwise, they come off. I will replace a watch without lume with one that has lume to wear to bed. I don't use an alarm clock, so I find it easier to just look at my watch. My body clock is pretty good at waking me up at the right time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I dress my watch according to what I’m doing. I work in an office so I wear it there, then when I get home I keep it on unless I’m doing “hard” work outside, then I’m usually changing clothes too so the beater timex expedition goes on.

As far as wearing to bed, I never do. I try to figure out what position to lay my watches in at night to help them best self regulate and just do that over night. Plus it’s good to give the wrist some rest and air.

Overall.... do what you are comfortable with. If you are wearing a watch you don’t mind scuffs and scrapes on wear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
I take my watch off when I get home from work but on the weekends I tend to leave whatever watch I'm wearing on all day - unless I change for some occasion.

I don't like to sleep in my watches just to give my wrist some breathing time but hey if yours comfortable sleeping in it then power to you.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
640 Posts
I usually wear an Alpinist around the house. I like the lume & sapphire crystal, things which my dressier watches lack. (It also goes with my Green Bay Packers t-shirt).

Other times it's an old Vostok. If I'm doing any serious cooking, i wear a quartz beater.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts