WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just seems to wear crooked, and the buckle is not centered on my wrist, so it is slightly painful. Would a longer strap alleviate this? Thanks sorry for all the posts but just excited to have my new watch

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Probably. However, what you really want is a strap that has the strap that holds the buckle to be the correct length for you. Often the XL straps just make the other side longer and it wouldn't change the position of the buckle.

Position your watch on your wrist where you'd like it and note where the buckle falls. Then see how far over you'd really like the buckle to be. That'll tell you how much longer you need the buckle strap. You may be able to find what you need. If not, consider getting a strap made to the exact length you like.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Here's a pic of my Dad wearing my new 312, he's a fit and healthy 67 year old but look at that OEM strap! Simply ridiculous!

Now when the watch turns up for me I have wrists a little over 8", do you think that strap will fit? No way, even the OEM XL strap is never going to be comfortable (as has been said Panerai simply make the buckle side longer (115/95 instead of 115/75). Basically I have to go to an aftermarket strap straight away...luckily I have a Toscana Livorno in black that is going to be perfect for the watch.

·
Registered
670 Posts
The standard OEM size is way too small I think. I have 7" wriss and I like to make my buckle side at least 90 so that the buckle lies closer to my thumb out of the way rather than directly in the middle where it's uncomfortable when I lay my wrist down on a table. I also like more tail. So I order mine at least 140/90 or longer. One of my favorite straps is 150/90. But I wear less tail for something dressy like a gator.

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Yes...most definitely. The OEM leather strap is too short. The rubber ones are OK. Most 3rd party strap sellers will list the length of their straps as well as the widths. So, you can always figure out a length that is appropriate for you. Also, some can make the strap to exactly what you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts