WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my Sinn 104, even though I liked it a lot the highly polished stainless steel finish just was too flashy for me.
The Seamaster 300m looks quite interesting, but I'm a bit intimidated by the size of it. My wrist is around 17-17,5cm.
The Sinn 104 is 47mm lug to lug and the Seamaster is 50mm lug to lug. Do you guys think I could wear the 300m comfortably? To me it seems like it has shorter lugs than the Sinn.

Here's a picture of the 104 on my wrist:

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think you could, but if you are interested in staying with a smaller lug to lug you can look at some of the older Seamasters. The 2254.50 has a lug to lug of approx. 47.5 I believe.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I forgot to add that the 2254.50 is also thinner than the more recent Seamasters, although it does not have a ceramic bezel insert.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Think you should go to an AD and try one on. Take a similar picture like you did with the Sinn and compare. You could even post here - we'll let you know.

I have a previous model of the SMP and rarely wear it due to the size. In fact, since I purchased a Mini Turtle I've not worn the SMP once. It just fits better.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Whenever possible, I think it's always wise to try before you buy, particularly if there's a measurement that "looks too big on paper". Sometimes you'll be pleasantly surprised, other times you'll thank yourself for trying it on first because it just doesn't fit well.

Reactions: snowbongo and mleok

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Watchbuys currently has Sinn 104 watches that have a blasted finished. If you like the original 104 except for the shine these limited editions may be what you are looking for.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Just take a green cloth to your Sinn to scuff it up. Just kidding although it's something I might do. Don't do it. The 2000's Seamaster is your solution however if you like the Sinn then just keep wearing it, great watch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You shouldn’t have any issue...I have the same size wrist and it looks fantastic on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will try it on at an AD! I also like the Aqua Terra 38mm, but the Seamaster 300m dial just looks insanely cool.

·
Registered
606 Posts
The 300m wears a lot smaller than you'd expect, so I think you'll be fine. I think part of the reason it wears small is that it's relatively thin and sits flat on the wrist, which also makes it a versatile watch since it'll sit under your cuff easily.

·
Registered
512 Posts
As a general guideline: measure your wrist circumference (in mm), divide by the case diameter. If you get something between 4 and 5 you're probably in the ballpark. Outside that range (< 4 too big, > 5 too small), it might work but it's worth investigating further.

Using your smaller wrist measurement, 170mm, and 42mm for the Seamaster (at least I think it's 42mm?), we get a ratio of 4.05. So you're just inside the safe zone. Again, just a guideline. I'd try it on first.

As an example, I'm 160mm and have a 40mm Mido... it's right on the edge of my 'safe' range at a 4.0, but it's made 'safer' by a few elements like the dial design and the short lug to lug. It might still be a little too big, but I don't really care, so at the end of the day if you like it, I wouldn't worry too much.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i have the OG bond smp 41mm and it wears almsot like a 40mm and fits like a glove on my 6.6 inch wrist. My sinn 104 whtie fits comparable to how yours did.

i borrwed my friends new CHROME SMP and it fit relatively well on me. It was a beast of a watch with the bracelet though. Best would be still to try it on. I think it would like find on you.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I believe the 2254 is under 48mm lug to lug. This size is on the threshold of too big for my 16cm wrist, but it does still work so I think with a 17+ wrist you should be fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 44 Posts