• no i hate the thing

Votes: 48 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I don't need it so I have it switched off.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I don't use mine now, used to do it in school, so as to 'remind' the teacher that class time is up, and as a kid, its always cool to have a watch that beeps! LOL

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Doesn't relying on the hourly chime to know the approximate time imply that you look at your watch less than once an hour?

If you're looking at your watch less than once an hour, it's time for a new one!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well, I use mine, but I think another cool thing about it, is you can find others in the room that have atomic watches! Have you ever been in a meeting, or something, and heard the hourly chime go off, but it seemed like it was in surround sound? I've had this happen several times, and then it was a bit painful to wait until the next hour to see if I could hear which direction it was coming from.

Kind of a cool experience.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I always set mine. Its great being in the same room w/ all of my G's at the top of the hr. Hearing them all beep at once, like music to my ears. Let the chour sing..ha

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I absolutely hate it and I always rip it's little guts out whenever it goes off!!!!!!:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
390 Posts
Every digital I use it. Vary rarely I actually hear it though. Funny thing is there's a few people at work and I hear their watches chime more than I notice my own.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah, it seems to have something to do with how tight it is against your wrist as well. I probably only notice it half the time on mine.

·
Registered
545 Posts
'Hate' is a too strong, dislike/don't want it is better. Then again I turn off everything that is a 'feature' on G's, autolight, hourly chime, alarms. The vibration alarm on my 7500 freaked me out when wearing it, took a member here to show me how to turn it off...thank goodness it is off now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts