• hate the things never even set one

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Well, I chose the first option but there needs to be a "sometimes" option as I don't always use them. But they are useful in cooking or whatever so I'll use it if I need it, they are relatively simple to set once you have done it a time or two.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I use alarm and CDT everyday, mostly for cooking and reminding me when the kids are finishing school. I use it for ebay too.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I use the chronograph when me and my wife go for our evening walk around the track.
I also use the chrono for timing certain exams at work (radiographic contrast studies).

And I use the countdown timer mostly for cooking and whenever I need a reminder to re-check something in X number of minutes.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Use CDT mostly for brewing tea.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I use it to give myself a diagnotic PT test some times. I set it to 2 minutes and when I push the button I start doing push ups and when it goes off I stop. Then I wait 10 minutes for the next event and do the same for sit ups. I use it for some other things too but I do not find it a pain to set. I can live without it if I needed. Need to add another option "sometimes" without the pain to set.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I use the cdt , so I can tell the kids they have 10 mins to bed time, when they hear the alarm its bed time......................no arguments there...or when the kids need to share something for say 5 min each.....|>

·
Registered
441 Posts
Well, I chose the first option but there needs to be a "sometimes" option as I don't always use them. But they are useful in cooking or whatever so I'll use it if I need it, they are relatively simple to set once you have done it a time or two.
Yes this sums it up for me as well. I can get by with my handphone, as it has the capability and a louder alarm. But I can't see the time at the same time. With the watch you get both hands free.

It was because of this that I put on a G shock again. Trying to fry a fish on my right and pork stir fry on my left, at the same time I had to meet someone, I nearly dropped my handphone into frying pan to be stirfried. Put on the watch, pop the timer and everything went on much better with a handsfree timer.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I use it to give myself a diagnotic PT test some times. I set it to 2 minutes and when I push the button I start doing push ups and when it goes off I stop. Then I wait 10 minutes for the next event and do the same for sit ups.
The referee timer's interval timer is perfect for that kind of thing. I forgot to include that one.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I use them fairly often when wearing my G, though I'm not dependant on them by any means. I use the CDT often for cooking, though my kitchen timer is a little easier/quicker to set. Use the STW all the time when I run.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I use mine once in a while, but not all that often. I never thought about using it for timing eBay auctions. One thing I use mine for, is to know when to take my daughter's bottle out of the warmer. Once it's set for the correct time, it's quicker than setting the microwave timer to do the same thing.

Sometimes, I wish they had more than one CDT.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I use CDT once in awhile.. can't say I can't live without the bloody thing tho;-)... at least I don't rip it's little guts out if it ever goes off, eh? :-d

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Breaks , lunches , worouts... you name it... other than time this is by far the most used feature on my watch... cheers... :-!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts