Votes: 73 62.9%
  • No

Votes: 43 37.1%
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you wear all of your watches - not at the same time of course. If not, then why not if they are in working condition?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I go through phases where I will favor one or two over the others. I've never been fanatical about rotating them. I have a gold-filled Jules Jurgensen from the '60s that was my father's. That one gets to see wrist time once in blue moon.

It only goes to show I have too many watches.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I do wear them all, but my collection is modest compared to many. I currently own 12 watches - they're all a bit different so I tend to wear them depending on what I'm wearing or doing that day. G-Shock for running or biking, Deep Blue Sundiver on weekends, Panerai when wearing business casual, Hamilton Jazzmaster when in a suit for work, etc.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I dont have a huge collection, currently 5, soon to be 6. I have sold watches that just didnt make enough wrist time. Certainly i do go through phases where il wear one particular watch non stop for a few weeks on end, but If theres something in the watch case thats not getting wrist time at all and is a chore to wear, its outa here. i dont have enough disposable income or space in my watch box for watches that I wont wear. Best sell them, get some cash and put it to a watch that i will wear.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Mostly. I have favorites but they all get wrist time at some point (dress watches less). Currently many aren't as I'm trying to thin the herd and not sure which are going to go.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
I wear everything that I have purchased on a regular basis.

I do have a quartz Alpha that was given to me as a gift, which I rarely (if ever) wear, but I don't consider it part of my collection.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I wore them all, until I got issues with quartz movements. I hope it passes, as I really like them. At this moment I'm limited to the mechanical.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I wear them all. Sometimes I will open the watch box and choose based on which one has the earliest date, so I can tell what hasn't been worn lately.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Citizen V

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Absolutely yes. Some get worn more than others, but they all get wrist time or else they get sold or given away. I don't "collect" per se - assemble a group of watches just to have them. That's not for me.

The only watch I don't wear is a vintage Omega that I inherited from my grandfather. It pretty much needs a new movement, and I haven't got around to making that happen. But obviously, that is one I keep for sentimental reasons.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Unlike some I have a pretty small and modest collection which I rotate; I'm now trying to figure out how to keep the two autos ticking while wearing one of the others.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I do wear them all, but my collection is modest compared to many. I currently own 12 watches - they're all a bit different so I tend to wear them depending on what I'm wearing or doing that day. G-Shock for running or biking, Deep Blue Sundiver on weekends, Panerai when wearing business casual, Hamilton Jazzmaster when in a suit for work, etc.
You do realize that out in the real world, 12 watches would seem quite a vast collection to most?

·
Registered
93 Posts
You do realize that out in the real world, 12 watches would seem quite a vast collection to most?
Too funny...but true. I never considered a watch box - or knew there was such a thing until I found this place.

As for me, I do wear all my watches. I have six...but have my eye on a couple.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Usually I just wear whichever I like,i can go for 2-3 weeks without changing watch if I happen to love what is currently on my wrist..

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I wear mine in a strict rotation. It's like wearing a new watch every day.

·
Premium Member
8,088 Posts
Actually, I don't wear all of them all the time. I almost never wear some of my pre-WIS watches. My post WIS watches get worn often. Three every day, often cycling up to 5 in a day. Once a month/week for my remaining WIS watches.

Of my WIS watches, my Hamilton Khaki Multi Tough is "WIS1". I wear it the least, every couple of months or so. I wear Speedy and Laguna every day.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yep, wear them all... all four of them. So not really a surprise I guess given the number I have. But even once I acquire more, I don't see myself keeping anything that I don't wear unless there are other (most likely sentimental) reasons for doing so.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Nope, I have a bunch of quartz watches I got when I started out that I dont wear at all. There are also one or two really nice shiny watches that I am always scared of wearing for risk of scratching and what not. Yeah, its lame, but they do get the occasional wrist time.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have a couple that i do not wear. One is a thin gold watch a relative gave me (who has since passed on), but i will keep it on sentimental value. Another is a Seiko two tone that i wore in middle school. It not worth selling so i keep it around. I change the batteries (both are quartz) regularly.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Yes, I wear all of them. Not only that, if a watch doesnt get wrist time it gets sold to a new owner who will wear it. It's the only rule I have with this hobby.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts