WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a beater OM, that I would like to -- 1. Change the dial to a CF -bell & ross homage, with white or orange numeral at 12-6-9
2. Sapphire crystal
3. bead blast and or pvd coat it, and possibly a watchadoo bracelet maybe
4. I might also see if a smooth or even a totally different bezel might fit
5. water test it, and check the crown,and threaded tube to see if it needs replacing

Not sure if I am goning to do this all at once but deffinately will do most of it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi, I think Harold (Yobokies) only does new watches, though I may be wrong. He does offer a very wide range of options including differenct case finishes though. I had a Seiko 007 bead blasted from new and it was amazing!:-!

Have sent you his e-mail by PM

Anthony

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Hello, I have a beater OM, that I would like to -- 1. Change the dial to a CF -bell & ross homage, with white or orange numeral at 12-6-9
2. Sapphire crystal
3. bead blast and or pvd coat it, and possibly a watchadoo bracelet maybe
4. I might also see if a smooth or even a totally different bezel might fit
5. water test it, and check the crown,and threaded tube to see if it needs replacing

I would just sell your current OM and have Harold do you up a new one since he has the dial you want and the x-tal. He can also beadblast.

I'm pretty sure that his email address is this (someone will correct me if I'm wrong): yobokies@yahoo.com.hk

As far as the bezel switch, I've never seen anyone successfully mod that out to a completely different one (but it can be PVD'd). So, there must be a technical issue there or they would be all over the place. But, with mods, never say never -- maybe you'll be the one to figure out a way.

Good Luck. Sounds like a killer mod.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
enter these words in the search engine box:

yobokies + photobucket

you can view Harold's mods and parts.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Note on the bezel...

I've not had any work done by Harold, but there are many images of 007/Monster mods. Looks like Monster dials inside 077 cases. Maybe that's your answer.

As noted by usc1, look up his stuff on Photobucket.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm considering some custom Monster work as well. I'd appreciate contact info for yokobies. (Couldn't locate it at his Photobucket offerings)

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you want to mod your current OM, check with "V8" here on WUS.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Ditto, hear great things about V8, and you don't have to send it overseas.. major plus IMO.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I highly recommend Harold (Yobokies)

google search "yobokies"

·
Registered
55 Posts
How do these non-Seiko dials rate with the Seiko ones regarding lume?
I'll be honest and say that some of the dials and hands I've seen on WUS with modded Seikos are really great looking designs, however, the Seiko lume is hard to let go...

To be specific, I was looking into having built a Doxa type dial with some plongeur hands. I can't afford a Doxa at the moment o|

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
The Seiko lume is atomic. Most aftermarket aren't as good but some of the more recent C3 SL dials are nice.

It will also depend on the size of the lumed marker.

If the hands are bright enough, IMO, you can get away with a less luminous dial.

Yobokies, Jake/Noah and Jay (V8) are all very good. Good luck and post back with the finished work.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm pretty sure that his email address is this (someone will correct me if I'm wrong): yobokies@yahoo.com.hk
Yeah, that is the correct email address for Yobokies. Great guy to deal with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just wrote to the address given and it was returned to me undeliverable. For doing such great work, he sure isn't easy to get ahold of.
How about V8? How do you contact him?

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
I just wrote to the address given and it was returned to me undeliverable. For doing such great work, he sure isn't easy to get ahold of.
How about V8? How do you contact him?
Ironically there is a thread with V8's work at the top of this forum as i type this - ceramic coated 007. He is a mod here, shouldn't be hard to find. Hint: Google his company. Starts with an "M" and ends with a "otorcitywatchworks".

He does nice work and is definitely worth the wait.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Why doesn't Yabokies have a web site where you see all the parts offered and the different variations of Mods? How hard can it be?:-s

Something similiar to MCW site would be great :-!

I'm not going to stroll through 36 pages of un-numbered Photobucket pages to view models/parts and then no way to order what you want..:roll:

At least Motorcitywatchworks has a decent web site...:-!

·
Banned
896 Posts
Thanks all for the kind words regarding my work/products. My email is indeed: [email protected]
I don't have any web site and don't want to set one up (up to this moment) for a reason. Those who know me well do know the reason why.
If you have any question regarding my work or products, please do send me an email or a pm and I'll reply in no time!
Best,
Harold

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Thanks all for the kind words regarding my work/products. My email is indeed: [email protected]
I don't have any web site and don't want to set one up (up to this moment) for a reason. Those who know me well do know the reason why.
If you have any question regarding my work or products, please do send me an email or a pm and I'll reply in no time!
Best,
Harold
Harold, Thanks for chiming in. I hear ya on the website thing, my website was about 200% more work than I thought it would be, even now I have parts standing by with no time to add them to the site :-(

I can vouch for the speed at which Harold will reply to your inquiries, he is a great guy to deal with :-!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts