WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking one of these up locally, and found nothing on here using the search function. Their website says they use a Swiss Quartz movement, but they don't elaborate any further than that. I thought it was interesting to have a left side crown and a moonphase on what's supposed to be an active watch for fishermen (and women). Anyone actually own one of these? Honestly it's an attractive moonphase that is affordable, so I'm okay with taking the leap of faith. I'll post a review sometime this week.

Attachments

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,680 Posts
„Swiss movt.“ isn‘t legitimate according to the Ordinance governing the use of the word “Swiss” for watches dated 23 December 1971 (status as of 1 January 2017):

Art 3.3

The indication "Swiss movement" may be placed on watches which contain a Swiss movement. The word “movement” must be written in full using letters that are identical in type face, size and colour to those used for the designation “Swiss”.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
„Swiss movt.“ isn‘t legitimate according to the Ordinance governing the use of the word “Swiss” for watches dated 23 December 1971 (status as of 1 January 2017):

Art 3.3

The indication "Swiss movement" may be placed on watches which contain a Swiss movement. The word “movement” must be written in full using letters that are identical in type face, size and colour to those used for the designation “Swiss”.
Thanks for that I guess.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The President of the company emailed me back and stated that they use Ronda Quartz Movements in their watches. I'm not very familiar with that, but hopefully it's not complete garbage.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked at their site. Pretty pricey for what you get.
I agree. I'd like a robust Automatic movement for something that's $600+. I'm getting this one for incredibly cheap, so I don't mind being a guinea pig. Just wanted to see if anybody else had any experience with them. If anything, it ticks off the Moon Phase box for my collection.

·
Banned
3,438 Posts
Nothing wrong with Ronda movements. They're cheap, but reliable and fairly ubiquitous, so parts are available.

That being said, this watch is a train wreck. You're absolutely right a moonphase has no business on a field or sport watch. Not sure if there's any reason for the destro (left handed crown), but it's interesting at least. Can't imagine the company will be around for long.

The President of the company emailed me back and stated that they use Ronda Quartz Movements in their watches. I'm not very familiar with that, but hopefully it's not complete garbage.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nothing wrong with Ronda movements. They're cheap, but reliable and fairly ubiquitous, so parts are available.

That being said, this watch is a train wreck. You're absolutely right a moonphase has no business on a field or sport watch. Not sure if there's any reason for the destro (left handed crown), but it's interesting at least. Can't imagine the company will be around for long.
The crown is on the left side so it doesn't dig into your hand when you're casting. Oddly enough, the lume on this is amazing. It's not my style of watch, but it's definitely different. I'll be moving on from it, but it's always fun to try something new.

·
Banned
3,438 Posts
I guess I don’t know too many left-handed casters. Or right-handed watch wearers for that matter. Maybe it’s more comfortable reeling, although I don’t see why it would be.

It would be interesting to see what you get out of it.

The crown is on the left side so it doesn't dig into your hand when you're casting. Oddly enough, the lume on this is amazing. It's not my style of watch, but it's definitely different. I'll be moving on from it, but it's always fun to try something new.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess I don’t know too many left-handed casters. Or right-handed watch wearers for that matter. Maybe it’s more comfortable reeling, although I don’t see why it would be.

It would be interesting to see what you get out of it.
It's listed at $650 (Way too much IMO) and I'm going to toss it up in a few places for $300. We'll see what happens!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts