WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Review? :p:p

Pics? :p:p:p:p
Howdy bluegum,
think i saw one posted on this forum in the last couple of days. i remember because the poster said the grey jelly was a matte finish. he was wondering if that was more weather resistant. im waiting on the icerc gulfman. b-) b-)

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Yes, our fellow forummer 1540 got one. He uploaded some pics and wrote opinions on the Amazing Mirror thread. :-!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I didn't realise they were his own pics...

...but we can never have enough pics can we? :-d

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Yes, Bluegum,

I got one from Japan a couple months ago. Very cool and a great combination of classy looks and youthfulness! It wears very comfortable on the wrist and is very light because of the Ti back. I like it better than my Dawn Black, the materials feel better and the look feels more "quality".

Ill take more pics for ya and try include a more thorough review. Its late sunday night and I gotta wake up early tomorrow...Monday..BOOO!!:-(

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Yes, Bluegum,

I got one from Japan a couple months ago. Very cool and a great combination of classy looks and youthfulness! It wears very comfortable on the wrist and is very light because of the Ti back. I like it better than my Dawn Black, the materials feel better and the look feels more "quality".

Ill take more pics for ya and try include a more thorough review. Its late sunday night and I gotta wake up early tomorrow...Monday..BOOO!!:-(
u can always call in sick or better yet, just quit. there are more important matter to attend to, like taking pics of the new gulfman.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
u can always call in sick or better yet, just quit. there are more important matter to attend to, like taking pics of the new gulfman.
yes of course eating and posting lol :-d :-d :-d

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, Bluegum,

Haha...Mondays do suck.

Keen to hear and see more detail.
You meant your Dawn Black Frog right?

·
Registered
646 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Haha...Mondays do suck.

Keen to hear and see more detail.
You meant your Dawn Black Frog right?

yep, Monday is here...

I actually meant I like my Ocean Grey Gulfman better than my Dawn Black Gulfman.

The Ocean Grey design has more detail and the finish is nicer. Not to mention Atomic Solar. The DB is almost a "regular" Gulfman.

Wearing my Ocean Grey DW-5025D today, Loving it!

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
yep, Monday is here...

I actually meant I like my Ocean Grey Gulfman better than my Dawn Black Gulfman.

The Ocean Grey design has more detail and the finish is nicer. Not to mention Atomic Solar. The DB is almost a "regular" Gulfman.

Wearing my Ocean Grey DW-5025D today, Loving it!
wat, u didnt call in sick to attend to a more important matter?
ah, thought i can view the pics when i wake up. looking forward to it, brah !!!

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Riley's video is nice! So are the pics on his blog :). I think a video is the only true way to get an idea of how the mirror display works.

I was surprised how many gold accents are on the Ocean Gray. And I like the polished Ti on the bezel :-!.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Sorry I still haven't mastered the digital photography thing yet. One of these days.

I've had an Ocean Gray Gulfman for a couple of weeks. It is getting LOTS of wrist time. I think it looks great -- it has a better look and feel, I think, than the "Men in Smoke" series of some years ago. The look is a bit more subtle.

And, needless to say, it is hard to argue with Atomic Solar Multi Band 5!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
You sold it? Why?
No, I still have it. It was a gift from my girlfriend, so I'm never going to part with it. I'm just saving it for special occasions. The only downside is that clear jelly parts, shiny metal parts, and mirrored crystal don't make for a good beater watch.

Riley's video is nice! So are the pics on his blog :). I think a video is the only true way to get an idea of how the mirror display works.
Thanks. You're right. I tried my best, but this G is even brighter and more sparkly in person. I can't think of another model I have to compare it to accurately (I don't have any of the other Ocean Grays).

Here's some photos, since this thread really needs some:

·
Registered
471 Posts
WOW....
beautiful watch Riley.

those gold accent IMHO match well with the jelly and the case.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
No, I still have it. It was a gift from my girlfriend, so I'm never going to part with it. I'm just saving it for special occasions. The only downside is that clear jelly parts, shiny metal parts, and mirrored crystal don't make for a good beater watch.

Thanks. You're right. I tried my best, but this G is even brighter and more sparkly in person. I can't think of another model I have to compare it to accurately (I don't have any of the other Ocean Grays).

Here's some photos, since this thread really needs some:

I wonder how the icerc gulfman is going to look next to this one. :roll: no gold parts. will the crystal have the mirror look :think:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts