WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a t-touch expert its a cracking watch but im worried it might be faulty,i hope its not,its the altimeter,im aware that the meteo function and barometric pressure is directly related to the altimeter but even after presetting a known level into the watch,if i go away and come back to the same spot the next day i could get a difference of anything from 10-20m,am i doing something wrong or is the watch faulty?? do you have to keep presetting it? i thought the altimeter might autocompensate for changes in barometric pressure Please help anyone out there,put my fears to rest please!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have a t-touch expert its a cracking watch but im worried it might be faulty,i hope its not,its the altimeter,im aware that the meteo function and barometric pressure is directly related to the altimeter but even after presetting a known level into the watch,if i go away and come back to the same spot the next day i could get a difference of anything from 10-20m,am i doing something wrong or is the watch faulty?? do you have to keep presetting it? i thought the altimeter might autocompensate for changes in barometric pressure Please help anyone out there,put my fears to rest please!!!!
As per the tissot manual, this is perfectly normal. The altimeter works based on air pressure. If air pressure changes (as weather changes), the altimeter will change as well. You could see a difference of 100 meters from one day to the next in the same location.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts

You got that wrong. As mentioned above, the correct correlation is METEO and ALTIMETER are directly related to BAROMETRIC PRESSURE. So, in exactly the same spot on earth your Tissot will show different altitude (altimeter reading) as the weather changes. This is due to barometric pressure changes, which is used in Tissot watches to calculate altitude.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You got that wrong. As mentioned above, the correct correlation is METEO and ALTIMETER are directly related to BAROMETRIC PRESSURE. So, in exactly the same spot on earth your Tissot will show different altitude (altimeter reading) as the weather changes. This is due to barometric pressure changes, which is used in Tissot watches to calculate altitude.
yes well there there abouts,thanks for your input

1 - 6 of 6 Posts