WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know how many Chinese Mechanical watch companies inscribe their name on the movements they use?

I know many use Seagulls movements but many companies use Seagull movements and adjust them before they send them out. SO i have these questions.

1. What Chinese companies care enough calibrate the movements they get?

2. Of those how many care enough to put their company name on the movements after they calibrate them?

3. One last question does anyoen have a good website that shows the cross reference data for seagull movments?

Like a ST16 is what export movement name? We talk one thing here on this website but the websites dont use our numbers like st-16 or st-19
this link is nice
http://www.tractionink.com/watch_wiki/index.php?title=Tianjin_Seagull

but it does not correlate well with the number that the Chinese watch companies use.

Thanks,
Rex Scates

·
CMW & Sales Moderator
5,498 Posts
I put this list together right as the Wiki was being established. I've edited it a bit since I posted it last year.

SEA-GULL MOVEMENT LIST

Movements used at both SeagullHK and tjSeagull. TY code used at SeagullHK. ST code used at tjSeagull.

TY6XXX = ST6 (mechanical/auto, ladies sized movement)
TY2130 = ST21 (auto, 2130/ETA 2824) (incorrectly referred to as ST24)
TY25XX = ST25 (auto, regular & open heart)
TY2661 = ST18 (auto, 1812/ETA 2892) (incorrectly referred to as ST26)
TY27XX = ST17 (mechanical/auto, non-hacking, upgrade of ST16)
TY28XX = ST16 (mechanical/auto, many variants including skeleton)
TY29XX = ST19 (mechanical/auto chronograph)
TY
3100 = ST31 (mechanical, 3 dials inline w/ open heart)
TY36XX = ST36 (mechanical, Unitas 6497/98)
TY80XX = ST80 (mechanical/auto, carousel tourbillon, carousel skeleton tourbillon)
TY82XX = ST82 (mechanical/auto, flying/bridged tourbillon)
TY8080 = ST80 (mechanical, dual carousel tourbillon)
TY84XX = ST84 (mechanical carousel tourbillon, ladies)
TY9000 = ST90 (mechanical quarter repeater)
TY9100 = ST91 (mechanical minute repeater)

Movements unique to tjSeagull/USSeagull website

2100 = ST21 (auto, 2100/ETA 2836)
2241 = ST22 (pair of auto ST6 on same plate)
2590 = ST2590 (auto, perpetual calendar with moonphase)
2800 = ST28 (mechanical alarm)
9000 = ST90 (mechanical, repeater)

Cheers,
gigfy

Reactions: Wristos

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,431 Posts
I put this list together right as the Wiki was being established. I've edited it a bit since I posted it last year.

SEA-GULL MOVEMENT LIST

Movements used at both SeagullHK and tjSeagull. TY code used at SeagullHK. ST code used at tjSeagull.

TY6XXX = ST6 (mechanical/auto, ladies sized movement)
TY80X = ST80 (mechanical/auto tourbillon, skeleton tourbillon & double tourbillon)
TY2130 = ST21 (auto, ETA 2824) (incorrectly referred to as ST24)
TY25XX = ST25 (auto, regular & open heart)
TY2661 = ST18 (auto, ETA 2892) (incorrectly referred to as ST26)
TY27XX = ST17 (mechanical/auto, non-hacking, upgrade of ST16)
TY28XX = ST16 (mechanical/auto, many variants including skeleton)
TY29XX = ST19 (mechanical/auto chronograph)
TY
3100 = ST31 (mechanical, 3 dials inline w/ open heart)
TY36XX = ST36 (mechanical, Unitas 6497/98)

Movements unique to tjSeagull/USSeagull website

1812 = ST18 (auto, ETA 2892) (incorrectly referred to as ST26)
2241 = ST22 (pair of auto ST6 on same plate)
2800 = ST28 (mechanical alarm)
9000 = ST90 (mechanical, repeater)

Cheers,
gigfy
You've got the ST18 on both lists ;-)

I think we might need to create a sub-page on the wiki for Sea-Gull movement codes and descriptions

·
CMW & Sales Moderator
5,498 Posts
You've got the ST18 on both lists ;-)

I think we might need to create a sub-page on the wiki for Sea-Gull movement codes and descriptions
Good catch! There is a reason to my madness. :-d And I agree, a sub-page would be awesome.

The spec sheet from tjSeagull has 1812 and then ST18 in the bottom right hand corner. The spec sheet from SeagullHK appears to have TY2661 overwritten where the 1812 should be. I didn't have time to compare the two spec sheets but I suspect they are the same.

I couldn't find a spec sheet for the 2130. Has anyone seen one?

Also, the ST80 may need a correction. I think that the SeagullHK website has a few of the tourbillons with 3 number calibers, whereas tjSeagull website has them all at 4 number calibers. I'll check tonight.

cheers,
gigfy

·
18,431 Posts
Good catch! There is a reason to my madness. :-d And I agree, a sub-page would be awesome.

The spec sheet from tjSeagull has 1812 and then ST18 in the bottom right hand corner. The spec sheet from SeagullHK appears to have TY2661 overwritten where the 1812 should be. I didn't have time to compare the two spec sheets but I suspect they are the same.

I couldn't find a spec sheet for the 2130. Has anyone seen one?

Also, the ST80 may need a correction. I think that the SeagullHK website has a few of the tourbillons with 3 number calibers, whereas tjSeagull website has them all at 4 number calibers. I'll check tonight.

cheers,
gigfy
Have you found a spec sheet for the ST84 tourbillon? Or any information at all for that matter :-(

I don't suppose there is a spec sheet for the ST91 minute-repeater.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does anyone know what movement is a 1692?

I have some watches that are coming in with a 1692 movement. Its a automatic chronograph movement made by Seagull, but I have not seen it referenced anywhere.

-Rex

·
CMW & Sales Moderator
5,498 Posts
does anyone know what movement is a 1692?

I have some watches that are coming in with a 1692 movement. Its a automatic chronograph movement made by Seagull, but I have not seen it referenced anywhere.

-Rex
Hi Rex,

The 1692 is a multi-date automatic movement. Not a chronograph, although the sub-dials give it a chronograph look.

click to enlarge
1692.jpg

Cheers,
gigfy

·
CMW & Sales Moderator
5,498 Posts
Have you found a spec sheet for the ST84 tourbillon? Or any information at all for that matter :-(

No spec sheets for the ST84 or any repeaters. I have ST8000 - ST8007 spec sheets.

It appears that the 1812 and TY2661 are the same. I did find a ST2100 spec sheet in my files that appears to be a ST21 with day/date (ETA 2836). I believe has been mentioned on the forum before.

Will update my list and post some more info later. :-!

Cheers,
gigfy

·
CMW & Sales Moderator
5,498 Posts
list updated. :-!

Cheers,
gigfy

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gigfy where do you find these cross reference documents?

this data should not be so difficult to find.

-Rex
Who is trying to work out why chinese companies make this data so difficult to get.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Much of this info is sourced from the web sites for the Chinese movement factories. We collect material as it becomes available on those sites, but those sites and the documents they contain are typically in Chinese. As few of us are fluent in Chinese, finding and decoding these materials is a slow process.

Besides - we are researchers and enthusiasts and not rich merchants looking to place orders with these factories. What real incentive is there for them to publish this info?

·
CMW & Sales Moderator
5,498 Posts

More info on ST8400 and a new model.

previously posted model - ::::»¶Ó.·ÃÎÊÌì½òº£Å¸ÊÖ±í¼¯ÍÅÏúÊÛÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾ÍøÕ¾::::
Mpic_200921103344172.jpg

new model - ::::»¶Ó.·ÃÎÊÌì½òº£Å¸ÊÖ±í¼¯ÍÅÏúÊÛÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾ÍøÕ¾::::
Mpic_20081125103524717.jpg

Cheers,
gigfy

[edited March 2011 - images uploaded to WUS]

·
CMW & Sales Moderator
5,498 Posts

·
CMW & Sales Moderator
5,498 Posts
ST8250 / ST8260 info

http://detail.www.com.cn/infodetail/1/2008-11-05/510656-1-1453860.html

机芯参数MOVEMENT
型号MODEL:ST8250/ST8260
厚度THICKNESS:H6.3mm/ H5.35mm
直径DIAMETER: Φ32mm/Φ33mm
延时RUNNING HOUR:≥80H/≥60H
钻数JEWELS:25/27
机芯功能FUNCTION
中心时分针HOUR & MINUTE HAND AT THE CENTER
6点位陀飞轮 TOURBILLON AT 6H
手动上链 MANUAL-WINDING

Cheers,
gigfy

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Much of this info is sourced from the web sites for the Chinese movement factories. We collect material as it becomes available on those sites, but those sites and the documents they contain are typically in Chinese. As few of us are fluent in Chinese, finding and decoding these materials is a slow process.

Besides - we are researchers and enthusiasts and not rich merchants looking to place orders with these factories. What real incentive is there for them to publish this info?

well what if I said I have 2-3 people that speak/read Chinese and if I made it a incentive to get that info.

its in the works. More in a few weeks. (assuming I get time to make it play out) I dont speak or write Chinese (in any dialect myself)
So for now if you get me chinese info sheets I can get them translated for a well umm special place. It wont just be for watches either.

tee hee

-rex

·
18,431 Posts
I definitely want to find out more about the movement in this one.

A case size of 34x25x10.6mm would require a movement of no bigger than about 25x20mm which seems to me somewhat smaller than Franke Muller's 'world's smallest tourbillon' (case size 42x30x10mm)

MODEL:ST8400VGL
MOVEMENT:hour & minute hand at off-center,tourbillon at 6H,manual
CASE:34×25\H10.6mm,18K rose-golden case & crown, mount diamonds,sapphire crystal glass & through-back
DILE: Mother-of-pearl
STRAP:alligator-strap,18K rose-golden pin buckle
WATERPROOF:3ATM
RUBIES:18
Sea-Gull have got to work harder at marketing their products.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Wow, that's a seriously upscale piece. I wonder what the production volume is for Sea-Gull's gold / platinum watches.

·
Registered
27 Posts
How does one identify a Chinese movement, specifically? If I posted an image of the back would that help? Is there anything I can look for on the movement itself? What I am looking for is supposedly an ST18/TY2661/DG2813...

·
18,431 Posts
How does one identify a Chinese movement, specifically? If I posted an image of the back would that help? Is there anything I can look for on the movement itself? What I am looking for is supposedly an ST18/TY2661/DG2813...
Post an image (maybe start a new thread for that) and there's a good chance that somebody here will be able to ID it for you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts