WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled upon this company, Cimier, recently and just love some of their stuff. Has anyone else heard much about them? I went to their website ( CIMIER | en | Home ) but it doesn't look like you can purchase them. Would love to get my hands on a Timesquare.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I saw these watches a while back on an Eastern European vendor's web site but the fine print said only shipped to EU customers. Very nice designs... Anybody know a good source for U.S. buyers? I REALLY like this model:

Cimier.jpg

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I just sent emails out to three European vendors for Cimier watches asking if they sell and post to the United States - We'll see what replies I get.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Cimier is one of those small Swiss companies with a rich past: the trade mark Cimier was first use in 1925 by the company Lapanouse, which was responsible of creating the world-famous Roskopf watches. Unfortunately, the Quartz Crisis led to the company shut down in 1985; but it was revived in 2003 by investors. Strangely, the new headquarters location are nowhere near the Watch Valley: it was established by Zug, closer to the geographic center of Switzerland. This year, the watchmaker released the Cimier Bigmatic, a new model featuring a customized UNITAS 6497 calibre. The engineers designed a self-winding module to adapt on the 16 lines pocket watch movement. - See more at: Selection of 21 Affordable Manufacture Watches | independent watch projects

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I made email contact with the Cimier company. They have somewhat limited distribution of their watches and no vendors in the USA. However, I was told they will sell and ship their watches world-wide direct from company stock. www.cimier.com [email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I made email contact with the Cimier company. They have somewhat limited distribution of their watches and no vendors in the USA. However, I was told they will sell and ship their watches world-wide direct from company stock. www.cimier.com [email protected]
I heard the same thing from them. They are apparently in talks with retailers, but it doesn't sound like anything is going to happen soon.
cimier-time-square-chronograph-automatic-watch.jpg

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Honestly the first i hear of them. Great website.
There are dozens and dozens of very good smaller production European watch brands that are never seen or heard of on this side of the Atlantic pond! I'm continually seeking out the unusual. It's always interesting to browse through the offerings at watch dealers while in Europe. I'll be in Paris this coming July and I'm very much looking forward to browsing around.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I saw these watches a while back on an Eastern European vendor's web site but the fine print said only shipped to EU customers. Very nice designs... Anybody know a good source for U.S. buyers? I REALLY like this model:

View attachment 1356129
That model is beautiful. I actually have a really old version of that. When wound, it hits metal on metal, so it's really loud. It looks like this...

·
Registered
40 Posts

View attachment 1356129
I didn't know much about this resurrected brand either. Now that I am more competent as to how this brand has re-entered the market, I may well bid on this watch you gave a picture for over a year ago (42mm quartz movement with leather strap). I'm bidding US$290 for it (plus buyer premium and shipping). Cimier is now owned by a Malaysian company, but seems to have more outlets in Russia than in Switzerland.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Anybody have any new info on Cimier watches? Will they ever have a USA vendor?

I'll be in Prague, Vienna & Budapest in May and I'm researching now to find potential dealers there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts