WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have inherited a Bucherer-style peek-a-boo retractable necklace pendant watch, silver, with the 17 jewels incabloc mechanism, but seem unable to find any information about this watchmaker Luxus, other than fragmented articles. It is in good condition and still working, as I found out. Can anyone help? Many thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Silke, many thanks for your reply. I have attached a picture, which is not very good, I'm afraid. The writing in the top half says Luxus, the writing in the bottom half says 17 jewels incabloc.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Hi Sissi I'm sorry I can't detect anything. 17 jewels is the attribute a quite modern handwinding movement has. This means that the pins of the wheels turn in stone bearings (synthetic rubies) and some capstones for the very sensible heavily stressed pins as well. Incablock is a shock protection for the balance and also standart. All attributes of a solid handwinding movement but to decide about the quality you've to look inside.

Regards Silke

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, Silke. I appreciate it. Will open it in the next few days and see what else I can detect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts