WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad gave me this pocket watch. On the face it says "Chronomètre - Union S.A. Soleure".

Does anyone recognize this beautiful watch and can tell me more about it?

It's very loud :)

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
If you use the database of Mikrolisk you find two swiss companies who use this term union soleure. Mikrolisk - The horological trade mark index. Max Studler is registrated in Soloturn and Selzach 1942 as Union SA. Personal this date is a about 5-10 years to late for my personal dating of the watch but who knows, sometimes they are "old fashioned".
Your watch is to me quite typical from outside for a watch of the end 1920 ties - mid thirties. To decide more it would be nice if you open die Backcase to see the movement. Chronometre is writen on the dial but don't espect a outstanding movement. I guess its a good standart flat 15 jewels lever one but we'll see.

Regards Silke

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you use the database of Mikrolisk you find two swiss companies who use this term union soleure. Mikrolisk - The horological trade mark index. Max Studler is registrated in Soloturn and Selzach 1942 as Union SA. Personal this date is a about 5-10 years to late for my personal dating of the watch but who knows, sometimes they are "old fashioned".
Your watch is to me quite typical from outside for a watch of the end 1920 ties - mid thirties. To decide more it would be nice if you open die Backcase to see the movement. Chronometre is writen on the dial but don't espect a outstanding movement. I guess its a good standart flat 15 jewels lever one but we'll see.

Regards Silke
Thank you for that

Here's the movement. How can I see how many jewels it got?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Yes, a 15 jewel lever escapement in a optical very clean condition with excellent srew heads. THe movement itself is quite simular to this one who was sold in various sizes and bridge layouts:

bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: FHF 1, 19'''H5.9

Sorry I'm not an expert by finding exact the caliber. Maybe someone else helps.

Regards Silke

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
Reactions: eri231

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,881 Posts
Sorry, no. The balance cock as well as the exact shape of the lever cock (under the balance) point towards Unitas. It's probably something from the Cal. 30 family (looking like this in the lepine version and with very slight shape changes on the main geartrain bridge):

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Unitas 32

Hartmut Richter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts