WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone a bit of help if possible.

I have a Pocket Watch (no makers marks) but the movement has a distinctive Logo / Trademark engraved on it, "Extra".

Does anyone know which manufacturer may have used this mark. Thank You

Copy of this mark and movement which I hope helps

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Marrick many thanks, this helps. The Phenix movments I have now looked at do not appear similar at all which just adds to confusion I guess.

This movement has these numbers under the balance wheel: 3 or 5 then 09.28. Could this be a Calibre reference? either 309.28 or 509.28.

Anybody know since Marrick has now pinned down a possible manufacturer reference.

As always I am grateful and in awe of the speed of response.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The following image is from 1936 and you can see the "Extra" on the movement. I don't know if your watch is the same size or whether Phenix used a similar layout in other sizes.

Cheers from the cellar

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The following image is from 1936 and you can see the "Extra" on the movement. I don't know if your watch is the same size or whether Phenix used a similar layout in other sizes.

Cheers from the cellar
Cellar the size is spot on and thank you for posting this. A wee bit cheeky but where did you get the image from?

What a forum just brilliant and so helpful.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,865 Posts
Cylindre escapement in 1936? A little bit behind the times, that company - most gave them up around the end of WWI (and several makers even around the turn of the century).

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I agree with Hartmut that, 'that 1936 is late for a cylinder escapement'.

Cellar states that the image is from 1936...not the movement, perhaps
it is from a 1936 catalogue. Watchmakers catalogues would identify earlier
movements, even when obsolete.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Would I be correct in beleiving this is borrowing from Patek Philippe's "Extra" movements which signified more detailed work from the factory's regleur?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts