WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, anyone on this forum own more than one of the same Breitling model? Or do most of you diversify (which is what I guess)? For example, I have a BNIB Breitling Super Ocean Chronometre on a Pro II, and am considering a LNIB brushed (matte) finish Super Ocean Professional on a Pro I. Can I justify it as one for work and one for play?

:think:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Just curious, anyone on this forum own more than one of the same Breitling model? Or do most of you diversify (which is what I guess)? For example, I have a BNIB Breitling Super Ocean Chronometre on a Pro II, and am considering a LNIB brushed (matte) finish Super Ocean Professional on a Pro I. Can I justify it as one for work and one for play?

:think:

Maybe it's lack of imagination, but I collected several models of the same Breitling family as they have evolved over the years (but no Evolutions though ;-) )

Group 1: Cosmonautes - 14
from a very early 50's one to a recent Flyback

Group 2: Aviastar - 3
black, brown and blue dial

Group 3: Aerospace - 6
from an 80360 to the recent Avantage

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Can I justify it as one for work and one for play?
-This being a hobby and all, IMHO you can justify it as long as it makes you happy. :)

Current Breitling headcount is one (An early nineties Chrono-Shark), but I've got my eyes on a Cosmonaute for some time now. I don't think I would ever want to have several _identical_ Breitlings. I would love, though, to have a collection showing the development of a long-running series - say, the Navitimer or the Navi Cosmonaute, for example.

--
Odd Erling

·
Registered
328 Posts
I dont think there is anything wrong with having 2 of the same B models. I have 2 B1s, 2 Emergencys, 2 Navitimers, and 2 Crosswinds. When you find the models you like there is nothing wrong with getting more than one!! While my 2 Navitimers and Crosswinds differ greatly from one another (Navi Olympus vs. Navi 1461, Crosswind Special Limited Edition vs. regular Crosswind,) I will say that when I get 2 of the same model watch (like the Emergency and B1), I like to make sure I get different dial colors so they will match different clothing.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Todd beat me to the reply! (making breakfast for the family...). I consider myself more than just a bit of an obsessive. Over the past 25 years, I've collected my fair share of Breitlings, and I do, in fact, have multiples of many different models. Superoceans, Crosswinds, a couple of the Bentleys, etc.. For me, and since BUSA will no longer swap dials, it all comes down to either the dial color or a LE.
-jbbb

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
For me, and since BUSA will no longer swap dials, it all comes down to either the dial color or a LE.
-jbbb
I ran into the no-swap thing when I bought my first Bentley. I wanted the black-dial 6.75, but they only had the white. I asked my AD whether BUSA could swap the white to black. "Sorry." So, preferring the black dial anyway, I got the Motors T instead. And then later, I wanted the big date so much, I got the white-dial 6.75, so for a while I had both Bentleys.

And then by the time a black-dial 6.75 had arrived, my taste had changed to a Skyland and classic Navitimer! Part obsession, part fickle tastes!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Todd beat me to the reply! (making breakfast for the family...). I consider myself more than just a bit of an obsessive. Over the past 25 years, I've collected my fair share of Breitlings, and I do, in fact, have multiples of many different models. Superoceans, Crosswinds, a couple of the Bentleys, etc.. For me, and since BUSA will no longer swap dials, it all comes down to either the dial color or a LE.
-jbbb
I don't even want to think about how many Breitling watches I end up with after 25 years of collecting!! :-s

I bought my first one in March of this year (9 Months ago) and I already accumulated quite a collection... :think:

The Breitling bug hit me hard and I am quite obsessed like JBBB. I know I will eventually sell some of my pieces but certain ones I will deffinetely hang on to for a long while. I am suire I will continue to accumulate new pieces, and hopefully my collection will continue to grow and blossom into one like JBBB's!! :-!

·
Registered
898 Posts
3 CSO altogether....

In this case I must be more crazy than you: I'm always thinking in 3 watches: one for work on weekdays (Im a physician), one for evening-time (theater, concerts, etc.) and the 3rd for leisure-time activities (skiing, swimming, holidays or simply week-ends and going out playing with my daughters).
If I could only have one, that would be the Chrono Superocean blue dial on Pro II. (Now my daily wearer 7/24 on a new Breitling mesh bracelet "Ocean Classic".)
Now I have a small collection of watches, the CSO theoretically only for week-ends, a few others (mainly an IWC Fliegerchrono 3706 on bracelet)for weekdays and a Calatrava 3998 for evening-time.
But I have a (secret) plan to have altogether 3 CSO-s: the blue still for leasure-time, a black-dial one on black croco strap for evening-time - and the 3rd is a top secret now - only published when the watch is on my door-step :)))))
Regards: Robertus

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
12,043 Posts
Hi, Robertus. I agree with Don...

In this case I must be more crazy than you: I'm always thinking in 3 watches: one for work on weekdays (Im a physician), one for evening-time (theater, concerts, etc.) and the 3rd for leisure-time activities (skiing, swimming, holidays or simply week-ends and going out playing with my daughters).
Nothing wrong with your thought process at all. It's fun to have the same style with slightly different features and colors. I have four Navitimer models, two are Cosmonaute (24hr) versions and they have opposite dial colors for each version. ;-) :-!
Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I dont think there is anything wrong with having 2 of the same B models. I have 2 B1s, 2 Emergencys, 2 Navitimers, and 2 Crosswinds. When you find the models you like there is nothing wrong with getting more than one!! While my 2 Navitimers and Crosswinds differ greatly from one another (Navi Olympus vs. Navi 1461, Crosswind Special Limited Edition vs. regular Crosswind,) I will say that when I get 2 of the same model watch (like the Emergency and B1), I like to make sure I get different dial colors so they will match different clothing.....
speaking of which if you still have the black b1 up for sale when i have recovered from my cosmo purchase i may just make you an offer.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hey Alex,

Yes, I still have the Black B1 for sale. I am not in any rush to sell it, as I know there are very few B1s left with a factory warranty in brand new, unworn condition. So far I have had lots of interest but not a solid deal that I was willing to go with. I might even trade it for something, but I am not really sure which B I want next??? I also might decide to hold on to the black dialed B1, as the B1 is one of my favorite watches and I love to wear my blue dialed one. I guess only time will tell, but for now she sits quietly unworn as part of my collection...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts