WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've ordered a toshi strap for my Damasko and have been looking for a beadblasted thumbnail buckle in 20mm without success.
Has anyone seen one for sale anywhere?

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I've never seen blasted buckles sold anywhere. I suggest buying a buckle and sending it to Jay at Motor City Watch Works for a blasting treatment. It won't cost very much.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Watchbandcenter in Germany sells bead-blasted buckles in several sizes (they have two styles). Pictured below is the heavy-duty one that comes in 18mm, 20mm, and 22mm. But they have round tangs, not flat ones. I have several on hand, and a 20mm buckle like this one is fitted to the "Italian Rubber" strap I have on my titanium Traser Commander.

These are the only "sterile" aftermarket bead-blasted buckles I've ever seen, so it's likely that your buckle will have to be polished smooth and then bead-blasted if you want that same tang style. Should cost about $25 or so at IWW or another shop...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I might have to send mine to MCW...

Seems excessive to send the little thing across the continent for a 5 minute beadblast job... maybe there's a market for beadblasted buckles...

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Might just try looking up a bead blaster in your local yellow pages. I've blasted lots of my own stuff on a 50-year-old blasting unit where I work. You can vary the final appearance by choosing different blast media. It takes minutes to a steel truck wheel. It would take seconds to do a watch strap buckle.

Good luck,

Myron

·
Registered
550 Posts
Digging this up from the dead.

Recently found a 22mm sandblasted buckle on eBay and its fantastic but I need a few 20mm ones and can't find them ANYWHERE!

Anyone have a good source for beadblasted, sandblasted, or otherwise "matte" buckles and/or hardware?

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Could always buy the buckle of your choice and take it to a local automobile ?mechanics? workshop that actually have a bead blasting cabinet of course, and have them bead blast it for you, I've done this a few times on watch cases, it's an alternative if you can't find one.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
+1
Might just try looking up a bead blaster in your local yellow pages. I've blasted lots of my own stuff on a 50-year-old blasting unit where I work. You can vary the final appearance by choosing different blast media. It takes minutes to a steel truck wheel. It would take seconds to do a watch strap buckle.

Good luck,

Myron

·
Registered
122 Posts
Check out buckleguy.com.

He has a few "matte stainless steel" options that I was looking at to match a Damasko. I didn't end up ordering however, so I'm not sure how they look in real life.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I ordered a 20mm matte buckle for my DC66 from buckleguy and am pretty happy with the finish on it. I would say that the finish is slightly "brighter" on the buckle but it is MUCH better than a brushed buckle.

Here is a photo of it with my Damasko:

·
Registered
550 Posts
I ordered a 20mm matte buckle for my DC66 from buckleguy and am pretty happy with the finish on it. I would say that the finish is slightly "brighter" on the buckle but it is MUCH better than a brushed buckle.

YES! Buckleguy.com had exactly what I was looking for! Just ordered 3 of the buckles you show in our post!

·
Registered
122 Posts

Thanks for posting a side-by-side for reference. Looks like a pretty good match to me, especially at that price point.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Buy the Damasko Nato (I bought mine from Watchmann). It comes with a Damasko branded 20mm buckle that will match your watch exactly. The nato is absolute garbage so you'll essentially be paying 35 dollars for the buckle.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Buy the Damasko Nato (I bought mine from Watchmann). It comes with a Damasko branded 20mm buckle that will match your watch exactly. The nato is absolute garbage so you'll essentially be paying 35 dollars for the buckle.
Thanks but I think the $2 buckle from Buckleguy.com is close enough ☺

1 - 16 of 16 Posts