WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
I had a few Leica film cameras. M7, R6.2 and R3 great cameras but the glass was too expensive for me. Unless you're a pro or very wealthy, I would pass. Canon SLR's and L lenses are fantastic, if you want a rangefinder/mirrorless I would look at Fuji or Sony.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Excellent cameras.
Previously owned a IIIF, a double stroke M3, and a IIIG.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do own a Canon 5DM3 and tons of L glass. My hobby has been mostly travel photography and my back has taken a toll from the weight. Been thinking of switching to Sony A7RII. I've played around with it at camera shops but still don't feel comfortable shooting manual with it. With Canon I can adjust manually with my eyes closed.

As far as Leica, an m9 one day lol

I had a few Leica film cameras. M7, R6.2 and R3 great cameras but the glass was too expensive for me. Unless you're a pro or very wealthy, I would pass. Canon SLR's and L lenses are fantastic, if you want a rangefinder/mirrorless I would look at Fuji or Sony.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I do.

I do a lot of street photography, so I need a compact camera I can take everywhere and shoot FAST, so I chose a Leica D-Lux.

It has a small sensor, but I must say I work better and get better results (for the kind of photography I'm interested in) with it than with most Nikon/Canon DSLRs I've tried before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts